The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » A couple suggestions and questions. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Ill keeep it short. have 3 questions.

1. The Text field, where you enter in new posts, Can we make it larger? So you don't need to scroll? (Make is so you an see more of your post without needing to scroll up and down.) - Just make it longer.

2. Has there been any talk about a Magic Café App for Android and I guess even the weirdo iphone users also.. But mainly android! Hehe. - Just to make viewing, posting, browsing and searching the Café easier on a cellphone or tablet? Id LOVE to see a Magic Café App for Android! #1 Download for sure! - Hey, maybe you could even charge $0.99 for the app so that, we, as supporters of this site, can make a contribution, not only to the site, but to the development of the app itself! hmmmm

3. EDITING POSTS! It seems you can only edit a post as long as you don't post anything after that, but once you write another post, you can no longer edit your previous posts. Many people I have talked to, myself included HATE THIS. It has to be easy to change the settings on the site to allow us members to be able to edit any of our posts, at any time. Even years later!

So.. whatcha think?
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
Hi Derek,

1. Regarding the text field, sure, we can make it larger. I'll look at that when I'm working on the next set of bugs.

2. We aren't planning any apps, Android or otherwise. They're just too expensive to create. However, I will be working on updating the scripts this winter and will look at offering a mobile version.

3. I can certainly understand not liking the inability to edit posts which have had replies. However, we have had problems with that in the past, which is why we no longer allow editing of posts after a reply has been added. For example, someone posts a message and makes a specific point to which someone else replies. After the reply the original poster changes the text of the initial post rendering the reply either moot or even silly. Doesn't make the responder look very good, does it? That's probably a bad example, but we've also had people completely wipe their topic-starting posts blank after several replies. At that point the whole topic needs to be deleted, and that's not good for anybody, right? Anyhoo, we've found there are just too many pitfalls with that.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 00:22, Gene wrote:
2. We aren't planning any apps, Android or otherwise. They're just too expensive to create. However, I will be working on updating the scripts this winter and will look at offering a mobile version.

How about throwing it up on Kickstarter? If there's enough interest it will be funded, if not, nothing invested except a little time to throw together the project page.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 01:07, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 00:22, Gene wrote:

How about throwing it up on Kickstarter? If there's enough interest it will be funded, if not, nothing invested except a little time to throw together the project page.

Great Idea. Im sure that there are ways that funding can be looked into... Even just a native forum application to be downloaded on your cell or tablet. You know when you go to some website forums on your phone. it pops up a msg saying.. There is a native app to view this forum? I bet there are already apps out there that can be applied to the "mobile viewing experience" Im no expert though, I don't know how any of that works.

As to your reply about editing, I can understand that. I would have to agree with why you put a stop to editing after a while.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » A couple suggestions and questions. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL