The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic @ a vendor fair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

Profile of twisted balloons
I am doing a gig for a community vendor fair. I will be doing magic. The contact person request I do two magic shows and then walk around magic the rest of the time. I am there from 11-3. The magic shows are at 1230 and then 130.
Do I need to do two different magic shows or just change the shows up a little?
How many walk arounds do I need to have with me?
Any suggestions will help. I mainly do birthday party magic shows, so this is going to be new to me, but should be very fun and challenging.
Mark
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I did almost the exact same gig. I did two 30 minute magic shows that were almost identical (the audience changed, there were a few returns). I had three tricks I used for walk-around. It was a small trade show. There were several hundred people there.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I did almost the exact gig. I did two 30 minute magic shows that were almost identical (the audience changed, there were a few returns). I had three tricks I used for walk-around. It was a small trade show. There were several hundred people there.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9761 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Most people will not attend both shows. Most performers do the same show however you can change a thing or two as an option. However, some kids mat attend both shows, so never use the same kid/volunteers for both shows.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You need about 5 pocket tricks, and a similar but different second show.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
When I was performing extensively for commercial centres the shows were always the same and I was doing 6-8 shows per day, we did not want folks to stick around for more than one show.

Where you are doing 2 shows pretty close together should there may be a seating area, some folks may just hold on to their seats and catch the second show even if it is a repeat show (their children will not mind). This happens at Welcome Wagon shows and bridal shows. Even more so if there is other entertainment between your shows.

Remember the vendors want to see traffic passing by their booths, so you do not want to hold them too long for your shows.

As far as material if you are using a sucker effect (die box, Luna trick, hippity hop rabbits etc.) you may want to sub another effect for the second show. This would be my only suggestion.

For your walkaround 3-4 pocket effects should do. I always try to use effects that can be done up close for one or two, or broadened if a small group gathers ie. Prof Nightmare, ring and rope routine etc.

Best of luck!

Blair
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A family show is different than a kiddie's birthday party show, so you gotta include a few tricks that have universal appeal, and do everything that Blair said.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
twisted balloons
View Profile
New user
Texas
19 Posts

Profile of twisted balloons
Thank you all for your help. I will put it to use.
Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic @ a vendor fair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.45 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL