The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » House of Cards on Netflix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Spent my weekend with Kevin Spacey. Well, he was on my television. Anyway we have some clients writing and directing for the show and I finally had the time to do my homework. Wow, what a series! I'm hooked. Anybody else?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Andrew is this on Netflix streaming? I don't subscribe to it. But do it the old fashioned way with dvds. Haven't heard of the series, but it sounds great. Any more info?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I've not seen it, but I have heard good things.

I was going to watch the original British series a few years back. Never got around to it. I was surprised when I heard that it was being turned into a U.S. series so many years later.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Bob - it's on streaming. The DVDs may be available now as well. I'm not sure. It takes a few episodes to really get going but I'd recommend it. Some stellar story telling. Orange is the New Black as well, if that's your thing. The Netflix model is doing really well thus far.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks Andrew, I'll check w/Netflix. I'm always looking for good TV, but unfortunately can only seem to find it on cable channels anymore. I just read something about Orange is the New Black and seems interesting as well. Thanks for the tip!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
The original British series with Ian Richardson was wonderful. I've heard Spacey and the gang do a bang up job in the American version.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
The original British series with Ian Richardson was wonderful. I've heard Spacey and the gang do a bang up job in the American version.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The original is also available on Netflix, which is nice.

Did I like Spacey's take on it? You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Cable is really where it's at. It just allows you so much more creative freedom. We just sold a show to Sundance last week and it's a subject that would never have seen the light of day, had we tried to pitch it at one of the big four networks. We could have done a rotten watered down version but there would be no point. AMC, Showtime, HBO, Starz...and now Netflix. Amazon is working on it but I don't think they're there yet.

I'll have to check out the original House of Cards. How many episodes were there?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hi Andrew, it was a much shorter drama. Each series of the trilogy consisted of four 50 min episodes. I think you'll enjoy it enough to forgive the BBC's lack of budget circa 1990!

Tom
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
That's often the case with British television though, so it's to be expected. The Office on the BBC on ran for 12 episodes - half a season in the US, where our version ran for nine years. They love to keep it short and sweet!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
It's on my list.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I just ordered the four disc set on Netflix.

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-09-15 23:48, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Spent my weekend with Kevin Spacey. Well, he was on my television. Anyway we have some clients writing and directing for the show and I finally had the time to do my homework. Wow, what a series! I'm hooked. Anybody else?

I loved it - really a fantastic show - we watched it over a period of a week or so.

Spacey is superb and so is the rest of the cast.

A very realistic look at why nothing really gets done in government.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Or at the very least, not done without a few skulls getting crushed along the way. I'm totally running for office now.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
That's the spirit.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 04:21, tomsk192 wrote:

Did I like Spacey's take on it? You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

:)
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 04:21, tomsk192 wrote:

:)
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I stayed with it for awhile, but realized that I did not the Spacey's character. I liked Tony Soprano better. Walt White is like Spacey for me- just can not call watching that "entertainment"...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I loved it. I think I got through it in about 2 days. Need to go back and watch again. Orange is the New Black didn't do anything for me but my girlfriend is totally hooked on that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » House of Cards on Netflix (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL