The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Sound juggling. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
This is part of a post I made on another forum talking about using noise to draw a crowd on the Street. I think the prop can be used in almost any show, so posting in the hope in may be of interest to someone.

A devilstick noisemaker. Instead of a traditional wood core tapered stick use a metal tube with two silicone covered hand sticks.

You'll need to experiment a bit with length and diameter to get one that works for you. Grab some chromed or stainless steel tubing and have a play with a hacksaw.

In the UK most hardware stores have the tubing, used for towel/shower/curtain rails.

You'll end up with a tubular bell. The sound as you hit and control with the hand sticks is amazing. Combine single and double sticking for different rhythms, high throws give a sort of doppler effect.

Light reflects from the shiny metal finish. Highly visual during the day, and stunning under neon lights at night.

Give it a shot.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I always draw a crowd while busking with my juggling clubs, but your idea sounds even better. Thanks for sharing my friend.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
You could put some wind whistles on the end for when you do propeller spins.
Reality is a real killjoy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Sound juggling. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL