We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Regal DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
I'm thinking about getting his new DVDs, but I was wondering, from those of you who own these DVDs, are all 4 worth getting? And secondly, are they better than the old 3 volume set?
bear in mind I cannot afford both (since I want the new lennart green set too) so getting both is not an option.

cheers,

______
Ben
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
You may have noticed that most all DVD sets can be purchased in single volumes. I think both magi's you are noting are excellent and you wouldn't be cheating yourself by splitting up your purchase.

Now, to answer your question: I only have Regal's vol.1 of the first set. I can't compare, but I can tell you it is dynamite.
microastro
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of microastro
Have all the volumes and they are worth getting
microastro
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I think both sets have their own virtues and their own gems so read thru the decriptions and see what trick you think will be more suitable to your preferences.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
since I want the new lennart green set too

Lennart Green has a new set of DVDs? Please tell me more - are these the "Green Magic" Videos re-edited on DVD?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1882 Posts

Profile of Platt
4 in the Regal set is the one I'd avoid. Much weaker(for the non-professonal) than the other 3. I think I liked 2 and 3 the best.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I have all teh david regal books and there is something for everyone. I think the best thing is the skill level it is just right. We are not talking lennert Green`s circulation shuffle or as easy as a double undercut instead of a pass.
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
Bananafish,

the green magic vol 1, 2, 3 are being put on DVD yes, but there are also a 4, 5 and 6 that are coming out within the next couple of weeks!
vol. 4 is about false shuffles
vol. 5 is 'quintessential green'
vol. 6 is false cuts, gambling routines and miscellaneous.

the 3 volumes are going for $99.95 at A1 on pre-order

later....

_______
Ben
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have the regal set and like theme very much,but most of the card stuff is not impromptu which is fine with me,but not for others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Regal DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL