The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Making Demo's & Spectator Reactions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I've been working restaurants and bars for quite a while and busking even longer. Whenever I make a demo or just a fun video I never in my wildest dreams thought about "paying" a spectator extra $$ for more exaggerated responses. Im not saying there's anything wrong with that per say. Just not my style. I met a buddy recently who's also a magician and he says he "always" gives a little financial incentive for an extra little scream from a spectator. What are your thoughts on this?
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
If we actually have the ability to entertain the spectators, it seems pretty silly to pay them to respond as if they've been entertained. Of course things are probably different for those who don't actually have the ability to entertain.

Greg
Vlad Grigorescu
View Profile
New user
Romania, Bucharest
95 Posts

Profile of Vlad Grigorescu
Not everyone has the amazing reactions that - very important - look good on camera. Also, people who have a camera on them, don't react the same. If you are a good entertainer, you could pull it off but probably will cost you time and maybe money to find those great reaction with the camera on. It's nothing wrong with faking reactions that you usually have.
Vlad Grigorescu
View Profile
New user
Romania, Bucharest
95 Posts

Profile of Vlad Grigorescu
Here is one of my promo videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWo3Yeyf1yQ
To do it, I got at the venue some friends and friends of friend. I did a show for them and we filmed their natural reactions. Then we did some fake reactions when they had to act and filmed those too. Then we told a series of jokes and showed on the screen some funny clips. Also showed them and told them stuff that create different reactions. We filmed all of it with only ONE camera then used a mixture of all the bits but there is no reaction there that I don't get in my real live shows.
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
If you are using their response for your demo, then of course you can pay them to act it up a little. Might as well make it worth it for both parties, since your intention is to show off their response. They pretty much are your props for the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Making Demo's & Spectator Reactions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL