We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Osterlind's reading my Mind!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
The strangest coincidences (or are they?) things happened just now.

I was watching Osterlind's mysteries and fiddling with a deck of cards and on the first dvd he said think of a card and said ace of spades, I was turning the card on my deck with one hand and it was the ace of spades!!

Then on volume 2 when he's explaining his giant card routine, the important card showing on the bottom of the deck is the 2 of spades and I put my deck down and yup it was the 2 of spades!!!

A case of synchronicity or is Osterlind just kidding about the explanations cause he's really paranormal... Smile
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
Or perhaps you just had a new deck of cards and they were in order ace...two...three..

Marc Climens
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
No, it was my paranormal powers!
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I second the vote for Richard's paranormal powers; he read my mine on the L&L forums too...answered a question I hadn't yet asked. ::grin::

Merry Christmas Richard!!!! Haven't spoken for awhile, I've been swamped, hope your holiday season is happy and bright!

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I am sure Richards video set will be making many a christmas over magic-dom a very happy one.

Luke Jermay.
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
I wish someone would read my mind and send me Mind Mysteries Volume 2 and 4! Smile
My Volume 1 and 3 are kinda lonely...
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Quote:
On 2003-12-15 11:57, Ramsay wrote:
I am sure Richards video set will be making many a christmas over magic-dom a very happy one.

At $100 postpaid directly from Richard's website -- http://www.osterlindmysteries.com -- it's a heck of a bargain. That's where I ordered my set.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
His PCT is fantastic! Also the BCS...... Smile
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 05:33, sapolice wrote:
His PCT is fantastic! Also the BCS...... Smile

You know you are making inroads when your ideas become initialized!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
RIchard,

I used your BCS the other night for a magician at a holiday corporation party. He brought others over for me to demonstrate. By that time, the stack had been mixed a bit but picking one of the two cards in spec pocket was still awesome. They asked me how I did it and I told them it was hit and miss, sometimes I get it right (1 out of the 52). I then performed the PCT. Effects went over wonderfully.

Have a Merry Christmas:)

Wayne
Jason Bay
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
117 Posts

Profile of Jason Bay
I gave myself MM 1 and 3 for Christmas, they are just great! I love seeing DVDs that are filled with nothing but solid, presentable effects built on techniques that I can instantly apply to other aspects of my magic. Great stuff Richard!

That said... Richard's mind powers also freaked me out by extending through the DVD player and into my livingroom. In the explanation section, he said, "so if somebody gives me a name, for instance, 'Jason'"... stop right there, yikes, he guessed my name! Creepy!

Then at another point, he said "let's say somebody gives you their birthdate... say, March 6". You can imagine, friends, my shock at hearing those words, as my birthdate falls on March 6!

This is true Mind Reading at work. I will accept no other explanation. Smile
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Bought my set from L&L . One of those few times I felt I had gotten a tremendous value. Frankly, the first DVD alone is worth theprice of the set. Excellent things aon all of them.. Subtleties and effects abound. I am still floored by the simplicity of the glass of water production!

Wow..

Julian
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Just finished watching vol two and it get 10/10. Not too many dvds get this but this is one of them. The entire set is a bargain at $100.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I have to agree -- I bought all 4 and undoubtedly love them all -- an investment any good magician MUST make!!!
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
It's cool and very impressive. The effects is even unbelievable, they really fool and amaze laymen and even magician.
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Well, I learned BCS from the April, '03 'Magic' p.56. I was elated when the DVD's came out and am extremely pleased with the entire set.

Be sure to view the 'Bonus Material' section on disc 2. You will witness the finest key and 'full-view' coin bending ever performed, PERIOD!

my best,

-Jay
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
672 Posts

Profile of jimesw
What is the gimmick used for the key bending effect in the bonus section?

I was very impressed.
jimesw
http://www.thehungersite.com
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
That my friend, is what we would all like to know...

Take care,

Jay
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
At this particular moment in time,richard's dvd set is the one all others have to aspire to.
good luck.
hmk
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Jimesw,

I believe you'll be interested to visit this: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Osterlind will answer this question personally with no answer???!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Osterlind's reading my Mind!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL