The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Covers for stealing HC? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hello guys,

A wonderful magician I have seen preform many times used this steal and I am wondering where I can read up about it. He would produce something quite large and tall from the silk. The item produced was so large he had to reach very high for it to be in full view. His hand would naturally fall behind his back and land right on the load. He then naturally brings his hand back into view while evryone is still looking at the large item produced.

I was wondering where I can read up about the steal. Or any books describing off-beat steals from the hip clip.

Thanks guys,

DJ
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
I'd look into a lot of the stuff Slydini wrote about. He was the master of mis-direction. There's tons of old books like that that are so awesome, I usually refer to those old ones before I pick up anything new. If you're looking for a dove steal like that I'm sure Ian Adair has it somewhere in his encyclopedia of dove magic. Good luck!

sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Thanks Sperris,

I have all 5 on the was right now! And I only payed $200

DJ

UPDATE: March 11, 2004

Hello again.

I went through all five books and nothing came up. If someone were to help me out with a piece of literature in a book I would pay you $50 dollers for your time and the book on top!

DJ
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
DJ,

Try researching curtain loads. You just might catch a fish!

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
waynepacheco
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of waynepacheco
Has anyone ever used the Parker Swanson Doll House for a Rabbit Production? Is the routine and prop really as good as the claims made by the dealers? I would like to purchase one, but would like to get feedback from someone who has either seen one or used it in their show.

Thanks,

Wayne
The Hypno Guy
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi Wayne,

I'm not sure how your question relates to the thread, but to answer your question, we use the Parker Swan Doll House to produce a rabbit quiet often. It is angle sensitive, but on a stage or with proper blocking, it works very well.

All the best,

Rob
waynepacheco
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of waynepacheco
Sorry for the miscue on the post Rob. I was half asleep when I posted it. Thank You for the confirmation on this prop. do you use it like a square circle and produce silks and other production items before producing the rabbit? Do you use your own routine or the one that comes with the prop?

Wayne
The Hypno Guy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21944 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2003-12-14 23:36, DJ Trix wrote:
Hello guys,

A wonderful magician I have seen preform many times used this steal and I am wondering where I can read up about it. He would produce something quite large and tall from the silk. The item produced was so large he had to reach very high for it to be in full view. His hand would naturally fall behind his back and land right on the load. He then naturally brings his hand back into view while evryone is still looking at the large item produced.

I was wondering where I can read up about the steal. Or any books describing off-beat steals from the hip clip.

Thanks guys,

DJ

To my knowledge there is no printed material on steals of this nature. It really has to do with designing your act and movements around what you want to accomplish. As you discribed the steal you witnessed, it was not a very good method.

The only source I could suggest is a Pat Page Video on Stage Magic. He discribes a method of stealing and it may help you understand the concept. From there it is up to you and your act purpose.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Covers for stealing HC? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL