The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson on Penguin Live! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
This was the best explanation of the TnR transpo ever. Timing on the force, all the little touches that make this trick a mind melter.
Best lecture ever, for me at least.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
When you buy this lecture does it download to your computer is does stream from Penguin each time you want to watch it?
Thanks in advance.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Deanbarlow,

Once you buy a lecture, it's put into your "My Penguin Magic" account. From there, you can download it to your computer or stream it from Penguin's site, it's your choice. If you download it, it's on your computer and you can watch it anytime you would like. If you choose to stream it, you will have to go to your Penguin account each time.

~Steve
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Thanks very much Steve.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
I thought David's lecture was a little too long, but it was great!! All of the little details and convincers make such a difference in your magic.

Robert
[/quote]

Say what?!
Too long?
A lecture you can stop and start to suit yourself? I don't get it!
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 21:23, trickychris wrote:


I thought David's lecture was a little too long, but it was great!! All of the little details and convincers make such a difference in your magic.

Robert


Say what?!
Too long?
A lecture you can stop and start to suit yourself? I don't get it!
[/quote]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4345 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 23:18, Zhang wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 21:23, trickychris wrote:


I thought David's lecture was a little too long, but it was great!! All of the little details and convincers make such a difference in your magic.

Robert


Say what?!
Too long?
A lecture you can stop and start to suit yourself? I don't get it!



Ha, ha, that's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't buy too many of them but this is one I would really like to have on my roster. What else did he go through?
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 23:47, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 23:18, Zhang wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 21:23, trickychris wrote:


I thought David's lecture was a little too long, but it was great!! All of the little details and convincers make such a difference in your magic.

Robert


Say what?!
Too long?
A lecture you can stop and start to suit yourself? I don't get it!



Ha, ha, that's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing!


Add another to the list..!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 23:18, Zhang wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-08 21:23, trickychris wrote:


I thought David's lecture was a little too long, but it was great!! All of the little details and convincers make such a difference in your magic.

Robert


Say what?!
Too long?
A lecture you can stop and start to suit yourself? I don't get it!

[/quote]

It's like going to a 3 1/2 hr. movie. It's just too long no matter how great the movie is.

But, I'm not complaining. I loved this lecture! David Williamson is amazing!

Robert
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
That is why I like the Penguin Live lectures, I don't have to watch the 4 hours in one sitting. I can watch as much as I what, when I want. Then come back later.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of baobow
I just copy the file on my phone and watch during my one hour commute to work. Good way to kill time
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I've been re-watching it throughout the day and laughing as much as the live viewing. He has the energy of a teenager and the humor of a seasoned stand up comedian.

But he shines even brighter on theory for performing magic for real people.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I found some really great rope at Penguin Magic
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3444

1.5 cm thick which is 0.590551181 inches.

Not as thick as Williamson's but darn thick. Thicker than Elite rope and way cheaper. I am making all my non cut rope tricks out of this stuff.
James

Quote:
On 2013-10-01 20:40, Xiqual wrote:
Where can you buy that really thick rope David used for his ring and rope routine?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
christophe
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of christophe
I really hope newcomer/less experienced magician will buy this lecture.
David is surely one of the most talented magician and I hope people will understand ellusionnist trick, the 3 seconds effects trick are not magic, but just a trick without flavor, meanning and interest.
His many story are so interesting to hear, somewhere I think thsi penguin lecture is like a legacy.
I'm looking forward to his upcoming dvd set with Luis de Matos!
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 18:06, S-Branham wrote:
That is why I like the Penguin Live lectures, I don't have to watch the 4 hours in one sitting. I can watch as much as I what, when I want. Then come back later.




That's why you like the Penguin lectures? Cool. Me too Smile

Steve, how can one be employed by both Penguin Magic and Murphy's Magic when we're told they are tow completely seperate companies who have absolutely nothing to do with each other?

It seems like there would be a conflict of interest there. At least it looks like Muprhy's and Penguin have some special connection the other dealers aren't benefitting from.

How do you avoid that?

Just curious.


Thanks!

ⱭD

PS. I notice the Penguin ad in the corner of this forum changed recently to Murphy's. Is Penguin Murphy's now? You can tell me. I can keep a secret.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Don Dasher,
Murphy's only sells to dealers. That means you have to buy a certain amount every month or you get kicked out of their dealers club.
Penguin sells to anyone. They have the cheapest prices on magic and really,really great service.

What is your beef? Can you sum it up without the conspiracy theory theme? Why do you think everyone works for either Penguin or Murphy's?
James

Quote:
On 2013-10-20 12:26, D0N DASHER wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 18:06, S-Branham wrote:
That is why I like the Penguin Live lectures, I don't have to watch the 4 hours in one sitting. I can watch as much as I what, when I want. Then come back later.




That's why you like the Penguin lectures? Cool. Me too Smile

Steve, how can one be employed by both Penguin Magic and Murphy's Magic when we're told they are tow completely seperate companies who have absolutely nothing to do with each other?

It seems like there would be a conflict of interest there. At least it looks like Muprhy's and Penguin have some special connection the other dealers aren't benefitting from.

How do you avoid that?

Just curious.


Thanks!

ⱭD

PS. I notice the Penguin ad in the corner of this forum changed recently to Murphy's. Is Penguin Murphy's now? You can tell me. I can keep a secret.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
[quote]On 2013-10-20 19:10, Xiqual wrote:
What is your beef? Can you sum it up without the conspiracy theory theme? Why do you think everyone works for either Penguin or Murphy's?
James

[quote]
Sorry, I must have posted it in a different thread but Steve's LinkedIn profile says he works for Penguin Magic / Murphy's Magic Supplies.

That's why I think he works for both. And why I posed the question.

My beef is simply that they're ridiculous. We're reading reviews from the sales reps for crying out loud. That's a no-no on every forum, everywhere for obvious reasons.

But I'm asking how they avoid antitrust issues, or at least the perception of it. Mabye he made a typo, I have no idea. That's why I asked.


ⱭD
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Don,

I worked for Murphy's for 86 days. I no longer work there.

~Steve
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Don, I've never hid the fact that I work for Penguin Magic. If you would a copy of my resume, give me your e-mail address and I will shoot you copy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson on Penguin Live! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL