The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Boston (outside of) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I've been trying out this forum by participating for a few months. Now this has become a sort of on-line home full of some of the finest people I could ever hope to meet. So, I guess it's time to introduce myself to say, "I'm here for real".

My father was an amateur magician until he left school and started his career and family life. Actually, at the age of 93 he still creates the occasional small bit, dressing in Chinese-looking garb and calling himself Foo Ling Yoo... complete with an embarrassing accent. Yes, he comes from a far distant era.

When I was a boy, he introduced me to some tricks, took me to Holden's Magic Shop back in the day, and bought me a few simple props including my first set of cups and balls. But as a kid, I just didn't have the staying power to do much more than dabble. Now at the age of 66, I've rediscovered magic and I'm addicted. I've tried a few styles, found that I was getting overwhelmed with too much information and ideas and have decided to focus just on... you might have guessed it... cups and balls. One version or another of the classic is all I want to do, think about and practice I have yet to perform for my dad because I really want to stun him when I do. But I'm getting smoother at steals and loads, and I know the time for the big show is coming soon.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Welcome to the Café! Thank you for sharing some of your background with us.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Be The Plunk,

I love to hear about generational interest Magic.

I know what you mean about your Dad being from a different time.

Just know that someday people will be cringing at our Magical choices as well. LOL

Good luck with the Cups and Balls.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Boston (outside of) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL