The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stealth Pen, Laser Pen, B-2 Bomber: any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
OK folks in the know, who can tell me which of these is the best? I've seen the "Best Pen Through" thread, but that thread doesn't discuss the B-2 Bomber which now appears at Penguin Magic. Also, that thread talks about the Voodoo Pen and Perfect Pen, and I'm not interested in those right now.

These three effects all appear to be just like the other. They all look the same on the demos! Is there any difference? Is one the real deal, and the other two just cheap rip-offs?

One more thing - all three of these have a telltale 'click' during the presentation which seems to give the gimmick away. It certainly doesn't sound natural - when's the last time you pushed a pen through paper and heard 'click'?

So, can anyone tell me if any of these is worth buying?

Thanks,
Johnny
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I thinkt he click you hear is the pen being pull out which sounds like the bill ripping. They are all the same effect some just protrude the bill more. Go for the cheapest one, all the same effect and probably same quality.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I have perfect penetration and stealth pen, both are identical in look and method. the trick is excellent. I have never been caught and the illusion is top notch. I say got for the cheapest too. the length of penetration doesn't matter in my opinion
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
The principle is the same in all of them, with one major difference. There are two types of pen: One type can not be handled or examined by the spectator at the beginning of your routine and the other can be handled and examined...it's self contained. I pprefer the latter. I feel the effect is stronger if the spectator can sign their name on the bill and your not stuck with a gimmick at the end of the routine! I have purchased all of them, here is my opinion on the best.
"The Executive Pen" by Magic Makers. Check out the post: (the "Executive Pen" the ultimate pen thru bill---a review) Hope this helps.
Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings

Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I agree. The Executive pen is a thing of beauty. Mine was shipped very fast from these folks and I love it!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
However, many people find the executive pen to be much more "gimmicky" then say... the Stealth Pen

I own the Stealth pen. Go for that one.

I used to have a Pilot pen, I've seen some people use Parker Stealh pens (its a real Parker too) so if you want the ultimate in quality get those...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I guese in the end, whatever you're comfortable with works.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
I have the Stealth Pen and The Laser Pen, and greatly prefer the Laser Pen. The gimmick is much stronger.

Smile
F. Zandura
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Even though I don't own the Laser Pen, I'm still happy with my Stealth Pen.
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
A thumbtip is a thumbtip and nothing but a thumbtip.

Having that said, I am curious and would like to have them all if I can have my hands on them!
playzure
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of playzure
Steosth is great!
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Go with the Stealth...
I'll do Tom Mullica's Pencil through Bill with my Stealth. Than repeat it with the Stealth(if you ask them for a bill you can give them their's back--perfect for when they want you to repeat the effect) and than for a kicker I do Lonnie Chevire's Finger through Bill

Jay
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I still prefer a pen, that you can start clean and end clean. Plus the fact, that it can be minutely examined before and after. (Especially in impromptu situations) The "Executive Pen" fullfill's all the above.
Happy New Year,
Gerry
Thoughts Have Wings Smile
DaveA
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of DaveA
I love my stealth and B2. I'm kinda tired of it getting the most attention over other effects I spend months practing though. I guess that's the way it goes though.
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
I would go with the B2... the worst one I ever got was the "Deluxe Pen through dollar". Not only does its fancy look alone raise suspicion, it's simply IMPOSSIBLE to perform the second kind of penetration with it (the one where the pen is visually pushed through the bill) - it simply destroys the bill (sharp edges...)!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hello Johnny,
If you want the best...gor for the "Executive Pen" by Magic Makers.
They all make a slight clicking sound. I have never had a layman to mention it though! Their to preocupied wanting to examine the bill...which you gladly comply!
Hope this helps.
Gerard
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
B-2 Bomber is definetely my choice...Same priniciple just a bigger penetration (meaning bigger reactions)

can't get any better
~joeKing
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
I have Perfect Penetration and it just takes a while to get the rhythym down.
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
60 Posts

Profile of George50
Hi Johnny
I use the B-2 I think its great! I don't give it out for examination after I'm done with the trick I just gesture with the pen keeping it moving slighty then I just put in my pocket.
George
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
What George50 has said about the B2 Bomber pretty much goes for all the "pen thru bill" gimmicks that require no switch (there are some that do but the handling is a little more difficult). Contrary to what is often stated on dealers' websites, they ARE NOT fully inspectable. If your give your spectators enough time (and by enough I mean any more than 5-10 seconds), they might very well figure it out!

It's basically as the same showing your hands empty: don't make a fuss about it... don't go into the routine saying something like: "Here I have a perfectly normal pen." Instead of that, write something with it so that your spectatoris SEE it works like an ordinary pen. Then go ahead and push it right through their dollar bill... take it out and hand the BILL out for examination.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stealth Pen, Laser Pen, B-2 Bomber: any good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL