The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Forcing Pendulum... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Bill Montana's Forcing Pendulum...

The Pitch: (From Steven's Magic Emporium)...Bill Montana never ceases to amaze me, both with the effects that he researches and produces, and equally with respect to how well they work. Case and Point Bill's Alpha Spinning Nickel's (which by the way Ted Karmilovich has a great routine using them featured in the Scryer's 13 Book). This new forcing pendulum is a very affordable utility prop which will serve you exceptionally well. While discussing the uses of it with Bill, (other than the obvious), he touched on one that I have to share with you. Sometimes, when he is doing readings, the client will ask a very powerful question the pendulum serves as another authority to convey the right answer, much better than if it came from the reader.

No Magnets...No Threads...No Electronics...Completely Self-Contained...The pendulum be handed out for inspection before and after use. In fact, it looks like a normal style of pendulum that is sold in new age shops all over the world.

However this pendulum has one main difference when used you will know the outcome right after you hand it to the person before the pendulum even begins to swing. The pendulum can move in many different directions however from the very start be able to determine this movement before it happens which enables the performer to predict the outcome of a yes, no or maybe question prior to its first movement.

This pendulum has been specially modified using a secret manufacturing process. In fact this process involves four different processes to make the forcing pendulum which are kept secret at this time. In the instructions for the Bill Montana's Forcing Pendulum you will be learn how to use this cleaver yet simple device but will not learn much at all in the way as how it was crafted from a standard pendulum.

Best of all you can use it or you can place it in the hands of a spectator for them to use. This pendulum may also be used as a normal pendulum or a forcing pendulum. The pendulum is made from copper plated steel.

A Review: This is a cool item that allows you to know which way the pendulum will swing...BEFORE the pendulum actually begins to move. This allows you to "predict" an answer your client may ask...or it can be used to select a predicted card or billet.

This is a top quality item...and very straight forward in its presentation. As the instructions say...the gimmick is hidden in plain sight. The instructions is one 81/2 x 11 sheet printed on both sides...with reduced printing. There is one drawing showing how the pendulum can be positioned for its various movements.

Although the instructions say the pendulum can be freely handled by the "sitter" I personally wouldn't give it to the client to work, however, the pendulum can absolutely be 100% examined. There is nothing to hide...it's just something I wouldn't do. In real life...I don't give my pendulum to the client...so why do so with this pendulum...?

This item could lend its self well to any sort of prediction effect, locating and card or billet effect, or "predicting" an answer to a question. I would certainly classify this item as a utility item...although a utility item with a specialized venue i.e. psychic, paranormal, and even bizarre applications.

An interesting effect could be to know what question your client would like a yes or no answer to (using your favorite method to determine the question)...and then "predict" how the pendulum will answer...pick up your pendulum, and the answer is confirmed. You can, as mentioned in the "pitch"...have the client hold the pendulum for the answer as well.

This item is well made, very attractive, and is very good quality...for the asking price it would be a sound investment for those of us who dabble in the dark arts. Highly recommended...

Continued Success,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Dan wrote:
Quote:
Although the instructions say the pendulum can be freely handled by the "sitter" I personally wouldn't give it to the client to work, however, the pendulum can absolutely be 100% examined. There is nothing to hide...it's just something I wouldn't do. In real life...I don't give my pendulum to the client...so why do so with this pendulum...?

OK, I'm confused. If I am going to hold the pendulum myself, why would I need a "special" one? I'm perfectly capable of making a non-gimmicked pendulum move in any direction, so what does this one provide that is different?
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 12:24, ddyment wrote:
Dan wrote:
Quote:

OK, I'm confused. If I am going to hold the pendulum myself, why would I need a "special" one? I'm perfectly capable of making a non-gimmicked pendulum move in any direction, so what does this one provide that is different?

Hi Doug, the primary difference is that with this pendulum it can be handed to a participant and will move in the desired direction determined by the performer this is done without the knowledge of the spectator knowing that the pendulum is gaffed.

When I first developed this pendulum it was primarily used by handing it to a sitter and used to answer yes or no questions in a manner that looked natural. In other words it allowed me to answer a tough question with a yes, no or no answer in an exact manner of my choosing. Without relaying upon chance. Often I would use this forcing pendulum to avoid questions by using the spirits to provide the you should not do that or by avoiding the question entirely with an answer of don’t know or no answer.

Hope this helps.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 01:07, docdazzal wrote:

Although the instructions say the pendulum can be freely handled by the "sitter" I personally wouldn't give it to the client to work

Continued Success,
Dan

What's the point of having it than?
I mean, from what I read you could just use a normal pendulum
Reader discretion is advised.
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Thank You Doug...

Thank you...the Forcing Pendulum can absolutely be examined, handled and used by the sitter. The pendulum can be used for various types of forcing effects. It would be my personal preference to use the pendulum myself...in lieu of the sitter. That's all...

Continued Success,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Allowing the client to handle the pendulum and seemingly have total control over the outcome (whilst the performer seemingly has none) has tremendous potential for a whole host of effects. It's a super fair force.

Assuming that the pendulum can be forced to rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise can it also be forced to swing forwards/backwards or left/right if desired; in essence a four-way force?

How quickly/easily/surreptitiously can the pendulum be 'set' to do your desired force?

Regards,
Lar.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Guys I own this it's brilliant.. It happens in their hands ..
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 17:46, CarlZen wrote:
It happens in their hands ..

Same with a normal pendulum...
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Whats the relibility of the force working when the pendulum is in the spectators hands? 100%?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 22:46, PhilDean wrote:
Quote:

The point is though, that you will know the way it will move before they use it and without sayingva word
I've asked to be banned
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Is this only available from Stevens Magic ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 13:40, Lar wrote:
Assuming that the pendulum can be forced to rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise can it also be forced to swing forwards/backwards or left/right if desired; in essence a four-way force?

How quickly/easily/surreptitiously can the pendulum be 'set' to do your desired force?

I'm surprised that no-one was able to answer my questions?

Lar.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On 2013-09-25 04:42, george1953 wrote:
Is this only available from Stevens Magic ?

Hi George, for the most part is is only available through Stevens Magic Emporium (or I should say the next Nelson Enterprises since they carry many exclusive items for the working mentalist) with the exception of about a dozen that I have produced for an upcoming lecture and a few others held for friends and so forth. Hope this answers your question.

Lar PM'ed you.
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
MentalistCreationLab
It's good of you to PM Lar - but I think he asked the exact questions many of us have in our minds. Would you care to answer these questions for everyone, as I don't think the answers should reveal anything but the necessary information we would like before considering a purchase.

So, to keep things neatly together - here is a copy of the questions which cover the basic operation of the pendulum:

Allowing the client to handle the pendulum and seemingly have total control over the outcome (whilst the performer seemingly has none) has tremendous potential for a whole host of effects. It's a super fair force.

Thanks
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks for the reply, as I am in Spain anything from the USA is just not viable, the shippingtends to be as much as what you are purchasing.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
I did get a reply from Bill (cheers Bill) in answer to my questions.

The pendulum can move left/right, forward/backward as well as clockwise and anti-clockwise. Reading between the lines I believe that the pendulum is a lot more versatile that I had first thought.

I've placed an order and will report back once I've had the opportunity to play around with the pendulum fully.

Best wishes,
Lar.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
I wish someone would answer my question lol. I didn't mean to be rude. was it something I said??
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Your question wasn't rude. The answer is no. After all, this is a pendulum which has a tendency to swing a certain way, due to some very clever work. It's still just a tendency, and depending on the strength of the spectators ideomotoric signals, it can of course swing any way a normal pendulum could (if not, it would be very easy to detect it was gimmicked)
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
What's the asking price?

Is there a link to the Steven's listing? or video?
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Quote:
On 2013-09-25 04:02, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-24 22:46, PhilDean wrote:
Quote:

The point is though, that you will know the way it will move before they use it and without sayingva word

I suppose. I still think it's overkill but that's just me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Forcing Pendulum... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL