The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
This happened at a holiday party.

After my previous invisible deck trick, I must've put the cards in the wrong way....

Anyway, I start to do "Paperclipped" for a spectator, and ask him to name a card. The guy names the Ace of Spades, so I pull out the deck, and realize that I've already folded that one, and didn't replace it, so I say, "You know, it's funny...this deck doesn't have an ace of spades!" (I was thumbing through to show him.) "But THIS one does." (Invisible deck.)

I think I've saved myself, but I pull out the cards, and the "odds" are facing up, so I slowly thumb through the deck until we see that ace. Yep, there it is. I outjog it, and take one final stab. I ask his wife, "And what's your favorite card?" She names the queen of hearts. "There's something about this Ace. There are actually two cards here." I spread 'em out, and show the queen of hearts. How lucky was that? Whew. Smile (Okay, so 40% of women will name queen of hearts right away, but it still felt good.)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14007 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, you were so cool under pressure, they should call you Pink Panther! Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL