We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Cue Command - First impression (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CSimmons
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CSimmons
Hello everyone.

Earlier today, I received my new Cue Command from these guys: http://www.DeceptivelySimple.com. The product works perfectly and is truly amazing. For me, the top of the list is no more MP-3 files. The device plays your iTunes playlist which for me will be a huge time saver. The other pleasant surprise was the range of the transmitter. I could not get far enough away from the base to make it not work. Even at opposite corners of my house and through two floors, walls, plumbing etc., the thing worked.

The fit-and-finish is fine and the stand held my iPad Mini. The buttons on the transmitter can easily be felt and pressed through my dress pants which is another huge advantage.

At $600, it’s not for everyone. If you use music in your shows, you should check it out.

Best always,

Chris
gweissen
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gweissen
This sound cuing set up is the best on the market. I have tried others and encountered all kinds of problems. I am old guy who is not great on technology, but this is simple, foolproof, and the best choice for performers who use music. Other systems I have tried, I would not dare use before a paying audience. And the range on this system is amazing.
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia
37 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
Does anyone know have own Cue Command and Show cues to compare?
Zatanna Queen of Illusion, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Cue Command is hardware $600 for a remote.

ShowCues (software) $90 plus $50 for ijet remote

OneTrack (software) $15 plus $27 for Ijet remote.

All units have the additional cost of the Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
CSimmons
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of CSimmons
I’ve never used OneTrack but have used ShowCues. By comparison, this Cue Command unit is way better than ShowCues. I’ve had it nearly a month and still haven’t read the instructions… you really don’t need to.

Here’s the deal… just get all your music and sound effects together in an iTunes Playlist. Everyone who has used an iPod knows how to do this. Unlock your iDevice and plug it into the Cue Command unit. The app launches automatically and the user hits one button to enter performance mode and then selects the playlist. Done! There are no settings or nerd-knobs to adjust. The remote works from hundreds of feet away. Frankly, I haven’t been far enough away to make it not work… and I’ve tried. I set up a speaker in my garage and walked to the end of the street (about 500-feet) and it still worked.

I have experimented with the iJet transmitter in several theatres and have never been able to consistently make it work from the stage to the sound booth. The Cue Command remote works perfectly in every venue. Over the years, I’ve seen many performers struggle with their music/remote transmitters and it’s horrible. If someone can make a real bowling ball appear from a drawing, they should easily have control over their music. For me, if it’s not 100%, it’s out.

The display shows the track number (red in pause, green when running) and is visible from the stage in every venue I work. The entire display changes to show the volume level when I turn it up or down and goes bright blue during a fade. It does exactly what I need it to do. It even charges my iPad.

I’ve experimented with many audio products and the Cue Command is by far the best I’ve ever seen.

Chris
DeceptivelySimple
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of DeceptivelySimple
Hello everyone.

In the way of introductions, I am part of Deceptively Simple, Inc. We are the company who developed the Cue Command hardware/software product and currently offer it for sale.

From the beginning, Cue Command was designed to give the variety performer complete control over their music and sound effects in a live-sound environment. Every part of the product was custom designed for that single purpose and based on early feedback, we are pleased with the results.

Cue Command has been in development for more than two years and in that time, we sought out feedback from dozens of performers. The overwhelming theme from those discussions was the product needed to be simple and totally reliable. We heard over and over again that when that play button is pressed, the music must start every time. The long-range transmitter was a direct result of those discussions and absolutely core to the product’s success. Even the frequency of the transmitter was carefully studied. We used a part of the spectrum that separates Cue Command from Wi-Fi, cellular, wireless microphones, intercoms, walke-talkies and everything else we could think of that could be present in a live-sound environment. The signal itself is also secure. The encryption algorithm we selected allows more than 16-million unique addresses. As a result, this virtually guarantees that only the user will be able to control their player.

The unit is also approved by Apple. This process required us to submit two units to Apple for usability and technical testing. They check to make sure it works as advertised and that the device won’t interfere with the functionality of the Apple product (iPod, iPhone, etc.). As you would assume, Apple is incredibly picky! It took us several months and a tremendous amount of money to get past the testing. As a result, we have a far better product and we can use the Apple “Made for iPod/iPhone” logo in our advertising and packaging. This is the exact same testing as Bose, Yamaha, Pioneer Electronics and dozens of other major companies must pass on every product they sell that integrates with an iPod/iPhone/iPad. The tight integration is physically managed through a proprietary chip (available only from Apple) and allows Cue Command to communicate with the iDevice seamlessly.

The dock enclosure was custom designed to house the electronics and to act as a stand to support the iDevice. We engineered it to hold anything from an iPhone (in a large OtterBox case if necessary) through an iPad. The dock holds the device at the proper angle allowing it to be visible from the stage and at the same time provides the proper amount of power to charge the device.

The transmitter has a one-and-a-quarter inch solid antenna and a customized five “dome’ed” button design. The special buttons can be felt through cloth (pants pocket) and provide a nice “click” when the button is activated. All the features require a momentary press of a single button so there is never an issue with a service not activating because the buttons weren’t held down long enough or pressed at the same time. Like every other part of Cue Command, this was well thought out and designed.

The app is the glue that ties everything together. Because we’re limited by the size of the iPod/iPhone screens, we were careful to display only the most important information. Again, based on our exhaustive testing, we determined track number, volume level and the activation of a fade-out were the most important pieces of information to be displayed. As a result, the track numbers are as large as possible and the entire screen changes to show volume or fade-out when those features are activated. We even came up with a clever two-digit flashing program when the device is positioned in portrait mode on the dock. All the features are highlighted in our video: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html.

I hope this has been helpful and we do appreciate all the positive comments our new customers have posted on this and other forums. We will monitor this post and provide additional detail if necessary.

Thank you for your consideration.

Team Deceptively Simple, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Cue Command - First impression (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL