The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda (Lost Ring). Help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blake D
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Victoria
1 Post

Profile of Blake D
Hey everyone. Can someone help me out. I lost my ring from the Scotch and Soda trick and I'm not sure how to split the coin. Can anyone suggest a way to split the coin without the ring.
Thanks.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Tango makes a bang ring for half dollar size which is sold separately, $6.00. This should be available at magic shops or online. I hope this helps.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Just search for "bang ring magic" on Google.

https://www.google.com/#q=bang+ring+magic

Of course... if you S+S is made from local Australian coinage, then go back to the source you purchased it from, it's going to harder to find a replacement for other coinage other then US half dollars.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I remember years ago someone told me to shake the coin in a glass. Never needed to do it and with today's expensive sets it would be a last resort.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
Lassen posted these on his blog a few weeks ago, he said that this little plunger is a great tool to remove your stuck coins from shells. Says it it's perfect for half dollar size coins.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1......+plunger
Customized greatly...
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Mr, Roth mentions the use of a glass in one of his early vids....can't remember which (care and feeding of a [ ?). Anyway, he says not to use a glass glass, as it is quite hard and may damage the [, but to use a plastic one instead. He does, I believe, then go on to say the best solution by far is bang ring.
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
I would trust the plastic cup more, over the glass... Glass might dent up the [
Customized greatly...
wfhoehn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of wfhoehn
I'm not sure what it is about these things, but every time I put one in my pocket I seem to lose it. As a previous poster pointed out, Tango makes a replacement. I also have one from Johnson and the two are pretty much indistinguishable.

Quote:
On 2013-09-25 06:04, Blake D wrote:
Hey everyone. Can someone help me out. I lost my ring from the Scotch and Soda trick and I'm not sure how to split the coin. Can anyone suggest a way to split the coin without the ring.
Thanks.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I have used a plastic shot glass in a pinch without damage. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda (Lost Ring). Help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL