The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Merlin Award ... whats the real story? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
752 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, Slim King wrote:
Honestly it sounds a bit like some kind of sour grapes thing.

Intriguing! I thought I knew the expression "sour grapes" as it comes from an Aesop fable. But I looked it up, since you used it in an unfamiliar context, just to see if the idiom had some additional meaning that I was unaware of.
It has not. It is still the usual "Disparagement of something that has proven unattainable".

Since I got one in 2014, as mentioned in the very first sentence of the article, I'm a little bit at loss as to why you believe I would find it "unattainable"?

You do know that until last week, there were only one "Committee Chairman" for the Merlin "Award", right?
One Mr. Max Toth, who have been signing his name on letters regarding the "awards" up until very recently.
Well... this Max Toth died eleven years ago, in March 2011.

If your "business" require you to forge a dead man's signatur for over a decade, for no sensible reason other than appearances, there something wrong.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to admire the scam. Go ahead. But don't pretend it isn't a scam.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1586 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Brilliant summation, Tom!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Merlin Award ... whats the real story? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL