The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Did Derren Brown inspire you too? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
Pretty much the main reason I finally decided to get into magic seriously, after thinking about for years, was watching this guy on the TV in the UK.

Anyone else?

Has anyone in America seen his stuff??

a curious brit. Smile
"V"
View Profile
New user
UK
53 Posts

Profile of
Yep, Mr Brown impressed me mightily when I was first exposed to him. It was as a result of watching him that I realised that presentation outweighed "the method" of any effect in creating an impact.

His Russian Roulette special recently has been slated by some people (including the press) because it's been hinted that he may not have actually been about to blow his brains out for real. Whatever his method and whether the risk was real or not Smile what was important about the show was that it was incredibly intense entertainment especially during the last few minutes.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4765 Posts

Profile of landmark
Though I have been doing magic years before I saw Derren perform, he is still quite an inspiration. I have seen him perform on his video The Devil's Picturebook and as I've said elsewhere, I think he is just miles ahead of just about everyone else.

A true artist and entertainer.

jack Shalom
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
Believe it or not, I'm never seen the guy. I've always been inspired more by the likes of Penn and Teller and Mac King, performers who could make me laugh as well as amaze me.

Eric.
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
See him my friend
JamesCheung
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK
214 Posts

Profile of JamesCheung
Derren is awesome. He is cocksure, arrogant, incredibly charming and intelligent to the point where he can be sickening. However, his presentation has raised the bar for mentalism and magic. It is phenomenal to watch if only to see his takes on well established effects and his application of the theory of Banachek, Kenton, Annemann and many others will leave you stunned. We could all learn a thing or too from him. If you ever see his Mind Control series you'll see what everyone is raving on about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Did Derren Brown inspire you too? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL