The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..74..111..148..185..222..224~225~226 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Funny thing about destroying the planet, the planet doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Massive asteroid impacts, volcanoes, and natural disasters, yet the planet rebounds and marches on. Don't you guys get tired of the sky is falling routine.

Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Much ado about nothing. If we destroy this planet we can always move to another one.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
Funny thing about destroying the planet, the planet doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Massive asteroid impacts, volcanoes, and natural disasters, yet the planet rebounds and marches on. Don't you guys get tired of the sky is falling routine.

But if someone convinced you that there was a 3% chance that an intruder was going to break into your home in the middle of the night and shoot you and your family, would you err on the side of caution and buy a gun?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
All climate hysterics live in a sad world of make-believe, based on a story that defies economic, psychological and scientific reality.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Tommy, but you're the self-proclaimed king of that world.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
But Bob you're for all the world the roo with your head in the snow.

Social media flooded with photos as freezing temperatures bring widespread snow:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/enviro......45313494
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:

Quote:
Much ado about nothing. If we destroy this planet we can always move to another one.

Funny thing about dishonesty. Nowhere in the report of the OP --or anywhere in the AGW scientific literature for that matter- will you find claims about the planet being destroyed.

Show some integrity.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Funny thing about dishonesty. Nowhere in the report of the OP --or anywhere in the AGW scientific literature for that matter- will you find claims about the planet being destroyed.

Show some integrity.

No John but there have been MULTIPLE doomsday predictions put out there to scare people that have not come anywhere near true. It would be integrity on your part to at least admit that.

You wake up in the morning, your paint's peeling, your curtains are gone, and the water is boiling. Which problem do you deal with first? None the building is on fire! (Gotta love a House quote!)

But I will say this. If my house is on fire I do not debate with the men who show up (With experience.) to put it out. I simply let them put it out. If my house is smoking, I do not wait UNTIL it is on fire to do something. I do not do things that COULD cause the house to get started with fire. I take care NOT to let the house get ablaze because ya know I ONLY HAVE ONE, and maybe my kids would like it.

I am not saying our planet is on fire but I am saying that the garbage island is a pretty clear indication of smoke. Space junk is smoke. Polluted rivers is smoke. Declining fisheries is smoke, and so forth.

Now there are logical debates as to HOW things should be done. I say again most of the solutions put forth by the most vocal are not the best ideas I have heard. But if we START at one planet, lets take care of it we should be able to get SOMETHING accomplished wouldn't ya think? I mean Lake Erie was a pretty good example.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
So that there were no doubts, I quoted the poster I was responding to. How do you all of a sudden bring in the OP or AGW literature into the discussion when it was clear I was responding only to one post?

And then you are going to talk to me about showing integrity???

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Show some integrity.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Wait, you are arguing that AGW is real. Most people that argue that are liberals. Now I don't know if you are or not, but liberals in general are definitely pro gun control. Are you saying I should purchase a firearm? Btw, condoms have a 97% success rate. If there is a three percent chance of condom failure, would you just play it safe and not have sex so you are protected.

The even bigger problem with you analogy is that the "solutions" for AGW are basically to cut fossil fuel usage dramatically and to substantially restrict developing countries from using fossil fuels. Even then, the effects of that will be minimal at best. Does it not occur to AGW believers that your solution to the problem wouldn't work and are ones that pretty much no one would support anyways?

Even funnier (or sadder) is the best solution to carbon dioxide emissions is nuclear energy, but AGW believers/environmentalists/the left want no part of that either. It is not only possible for it to be safe, but more efficient, with the possibility to use spent reactor fuel as well. Reviving the Nuclear Dream shows how this is possible if we embrace actual solutions.

Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

But if someone convinced you that there was a 3% chance that an intruder was going to break into your home in the middle of the night and shoot you and your family, would you err on the side of caution and buy a gun?
~Daniel J. Boorstin
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The climate hysterics, like most cheats are stupid and bad players and the only way to get them to admit they have marked the cards is to get them in a head lock.

"To capture the public imagination,
we have to offer up some scary scenarios,
make simplified dramatic statements
and little mention of any doubts one might have.
Each of us has to decide the right balance
between being effective,
and being honest."

- Leading greenhouse advocate, Dr Stephen Schneider
( in interview for "Discover" magagzine, Oct 1989)

Then the climate hysteric has the temerity to speak of honesty eh.

Tommy
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:

Quote:

We are not going to destroy this planet. But we could destroy human life on this planet. Earth will survive and rebound. Humans may not. Guess it depends on our priorities.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What the climate hysteric want is death. Human life is the problem as they say.

Tommy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
Wait, you are arguing that AGW is real. Most people that argue that are liberals. Now I don't know if you are or not, but liberals in general are definitely pro gun control. Are you saying I should purchase a firearm? Btw, condoms have a 97% success rate. If there is a three percent chance of condom failure, would you just play it safe and not have sex so you are protected.

For some, a 3% chance of a home invasion would be enough for them to justify buying a weapon to protect their home. Those same people might reject a 97% consensus of climate scientists about climate change's detrimental effect on their home, the Earth.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Wait, you are arguing that AGW is real. Most people that argue that are liberals.

What kind of moronic claim is this?

1. Where is your evidence?
2. How do you define "liberal"?
3. What does political leaning have to do with scientific data?

Get serious.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Some know and understand there is no real 97% consensus and that it is merely part of the climate hysterics sad make-believe world based on a story that defies economic, psychological and scientific reality, that is BS that the climate hysterics like to throw around to bolster their myth.

Tommy
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
That 97% figure you AGW supporters keep throwing around is BOGUS!!! Please stop saying there is a consensus, there is not. That 97% figure is fraudulent and has been debunked many times over. Again, another reason why AGW is a LIE!

If you believe it to be true, please cite a reference so that the results can be verified.

Quote:
Quote:

For some, a 3% chance of a home invasion would be enough for them to justify buying a weapon to protect their home. Those same people might reject a 97% consensus of climate scientists about climate change's detrimental effect on their home, the Earth.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why do they knowingly lie and say 97% when it's been debunked a dozen times?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I was simply referring to my experience in discussing global warming with people. Most tend to be liberal, that was all that I was saying. How is that a moronic claim?

Quote:
Quote:
Wait, you are arguing that AGW is real. Most people that argue that are liberals.

What kind of moronic claim is this?

1. Where is your evidence?
2. How do you define "liberal"?
3. What does political leaning have to do with scientific data?

Get serious.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
That 97% figure you AGW supporters keep throwing around is BOGUS!!! Please stop saying there is a consensus, there is not. That 97% figure is fraudulent and has been debunked many times over. Again, another reason why AGW is a LIE!

If you believe it to be true, please cite a reference so that the results can be verified.

Quote:
Quote:

Exact percentages of climate scientists consensus aside, the comparison rings true to me. Since you have chosen to jump on the 97% number rather than address my point, I'll assume that you are unable or unwilling to do so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..74..111..148..185..222..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL