The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cleaning ninja rings? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
I have an old set that I pulled out of storage (it's been 6 years) and it use to be silver but it's starting to have some bronze/copper tinge to it...i've tried cleaning it with dishwashing detergent but stopped. Anyone know if they can get back to their normal condition or will I have to live with it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Brasso found at grocery, hardware, Walmart stores.

I just bought a gold set myself from Shoot. You bring up a good point, as it does not look like a plated shiny coating.

As for storage, I always store everything in a plastic bag and in a heat controlled environment. I never store magic in a garage, basement or attic. The extreme heat and cold will destroy most finishes on anything.

Maybe you forgot, but Ninja rings sold by Shoot Ogawa only came in silver and gold. Maybe you purchased the cheap China rings off ebay, they come in copper.
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it the Brasso. The rings are definitely from Shoot by the way. I just have really bad eyes. I honestly can't tell if they're silver turning gold or vice versa as I use to have both sets when they first came out before selling one off. And I really don't remember which I have due to their conditions.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
...On the other hand, it is long and comes to be able to use the key ring for a bare patch of the plating by the overdoing of exercise, a trouble such as having bent it by the purchase of the parts one piece of article with a part to use best.

Gack! Smile Not a clue!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cleaning ninja rings? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL