The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I'm going to pass down its secrets to my children Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Good idea pass it down to those you love or who know about it and forget the rest. But seriously, simply moving it downstairs is easy and logical. I think its important to maintain history and providence.

But the other part of me thinks if there is only 50-100 of something then maybe the people who bought it also paid for that privacy and exclusive access. Like someone here mentioned, once its discussed so much openly it loses its special quality and we start to see them being sold as we buy the next latest and greatest. There is no right or wrong answer, but it does depend on the person who owns it.

Antiques are valuable and rare often impossible to be 100 sure what it is but just because we don't know everything about it does not spoil the beauty or mystery. Some things do not require such close examination or understanding. They are just meant to be appreciated.

Bobbys book is one of them. If you didn't get it that's ok, Im sure you have a future antique of your own so enjoy it, forever in peace you have that right.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Looks to be another one for sale in the Café!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, horus1 wrote:
Looks to be another one for sale in the Café!

Looks, like seller may have purchased two.
He, is offering buyer a choice of a standard aged or heavier aged version.

I had Bobby, make mine very/very lightly aged.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Either way you can't lose.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I love rhe CV I own, great as a collectible as well as a prop/routine that is wonderful....but I cannot wait for Bobby's next release!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I've lost track. What is the acceptable codename for this effect?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 6, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I've lost track. What is the acceptable codename for this effect?

Seriously
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
CodexV?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I use CV or CV3 or Codex V, not as a code ... to lazy to write it out ! Smile

But, I think most can figure it out on a CODEX V3NEFICIUM , thread.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Being that google is getting smarter all the time, I think that even v3neficium or similar won't fool it for too much longer. So CodexV or CV is probably better in the long run.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Okay, so the name on the website is not the codename?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
If you mean Codex Arcana, I think that is just the name of the site as a whole rather than an individual book - I could be wrong though
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
That was my understanding too
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
The world of bizarre magic is a bewildering labyrinth filled with smoke and mirrors.
"I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I have an extra C0dex so I'm selling it in the lets make a deal section.
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Does this have multiple...effects, or is it 'just' the birthdate reveal?
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Well there are 16 pages of discussion and other threads. You really should read them because it's not enough to just describe the main effect which is a date reveal. It's like saying the Grand Canyon is a pretty view. The book looks amazing and aged Smile It can be used for dark or light routines. There is no other book like it, which makes it truly unique. I have a lot of spooky book reveals but nothing like this. It's so personalized and plays different for everyone who comes in contact with it. There are other ways to use it I really don't want to say up here you can PM me. I'm being high level about it. It's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Just a birthday reveal no much deeper than that.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
When I originally got this book there was a small hiccup with it and bobby offered to send me a 100 year old skeleton key as a make good. This was totally not nessecary as the discrepancy was mine not his. Either way it was super cool of him to send it. My wife used it last night while presenting an effect we call Dead Willing. It was a huge hit and because I publicly gave him crap about something before - I wanted to publicly thank him as well. So thanks for the cool key Bobby. it really was the perfect item to use as part of the DW presentation and I consider you to be in the top best guys to do business with I have ever met.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
If anyone decides they no longer wish to own their copy of Cv
I am interetsed in obtaining a copy.

steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL