The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help in wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Hi

I'm looking to buy a wallet but I never had a mentalism wallet before so this will be my first purchase for a wallet.

hmm so what are you looking for a wallet as far as I know it should have a p**k but I don't know what futures else should it have

I am looking for everyday wallet and not very big or large that can be fit in my front pocket

Could you help me to find a wallet because there are many wallets out thier and I don't know how to compare ?

Thanks
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
I've Telethought Wallet 2, but it's not a real wallet: it contains only visit-cards. I've bought it just for the effect it was built for, and for nothing else.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
I own a Stealth Assassin Wallet. I love it. It was designed primarily for Mentalists rather than Magicians. It comes with two brilliant DVDs featuring Peter Nardi and Marc Spelmann. They go through each individual feature of the wallet demonstrating a variety of effects. If this is your first special wallet and you're not yet sure which specific features you need, or how to use those features, then the accompanying DVDs are likely to be just as valuable to you as the wallet itself. The Stealth Assassin Wallet is not a standard billfold type of wallet, though I've NEVER had anyone question its appearance. I use it every day as my regular wallet, and have even had friends ask where they can buy one.

If you must have a billfold wallet, I've heard good things about the Infinity wallet. I believe it too comes with some good DVDs, explaining all the features and containing a variety of routines.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
Just to confirm, the Stealth Assassin Wallet is, for me, the perfect size. It easily fits into the small front pockets on my pair of jeans. I have it loaded with my bank card, travel card, driving licence, hotel key card (for an effect), some business cards (in a variety of places), and some banknotes. All this without it feeling at all bulky.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12228 Posts

Profile of John C
You should finalize what your wallet will be required to do or you will be buying and thus owning every wallet made. John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
david12345
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of david12345
Another nod for saw
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I have quite a few as many have said, I keep coming back to the saw.
Freddan
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of Freddan
I visited the Alakazam site but couldn´t find the Stealth Assassin. It seems to be off the market. I bought the Espionage wallet witch is a fine wallet. I like it a lot but unfortunately it is too big to easily fit in my jacket inside pocket. So now I´m still looking for a alternative.

/Fredrik
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Demitri
Penguin has the Stealth Assassin in stock: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8910
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 12:50, Makus wrote:
I've Telethought Wallet 2, but it's not a real wallet: it contains only visit-cards. I've bought it just for the effect it was built for, and for nothing else.

Thanks for the info
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 14:17, minty wrote:
I own a Stealth Assassin Wallet. I love it. It was designed primarily for Mentalists rather than Magicians. It comes with two brilliant DVDs featuring Peter Nardi and Marc Spelmann. They go through each individual feature of the wallet demonstrating a variety of effects. If this is your first special wallet and you're not yet sure which specific features you need, or how to use those features, then the accompanying DVDs are likely to be just as valuable to you as the wallet itself. The Stealth Assassin Wallet is not a standard billfold type of wallet, though I've NEVER had anyone question its appearance. I use it every day as my regular wallet, and have even had friends ask where they can buy one.

If you must have a billfold wallet, I've heard good things about the Infinity wallet. I believe it too comes with some good DVDs, explaining all the features and containing a variety of routines.

Thanks for yout time

I think I will buy saw
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 18:28, John C wrote:
You should finalize what your wallet will be required to do or you will be buying and thus owning every wallet made. John

Actually it's my first time to buy a wallet so I don't know what should look for that's why I ask what should I buy

The main points is I can use it like everyday wallet and it can fit my front pocket
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I got the outlaw effects showdown wallet, I never really use it for effects, but it is my everyday wallet,

Regards,

Sea
I love post its Smile
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I think what everyone is saying here is that a wallet is just a means to an end. You need to think of the effect you want to produce then choose the wallet that will work best for that effect. The wallet is NOT the trick. The features of the wallet are only important when you consider what you want to do with it. Thinking first will save you time and money.
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Twistedace is right. Also consider this: particularly with wallets in mentalism, at the end of the day-- during performance, whatever wallet you purchase should essentially be invisible in the context of the effect you perform. With that, you could very well just buy a 25-cent vinyl packet trick wallet and gaff it however you need, and as long as you frame it properly in your performance-- it shouldn't be the mainstay/focal point of the routine. It should be treated with a nonchalant, natural attitude.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12228 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 05:38, anas almansour wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 18:28, John C wrote:

Actually it's my first time to buy a wallet so I don't know what should look for that's why I ask what should I buy

The main points is I can use it like everyday wallet and it can fit my front pocket

Then my point would be clear. The best wallet for you would be a regular wallet that fits In your front pocket. You can find many in most department stores.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
230 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Hi all ,
For me I only ave the one wallet. Espionage ,
It does exactly what it says on the tin it's a brill p##k as well as every other option you could want and size is not a prob , it's my every day to

Robbie
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
230 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Hi all ,
For me I only ave the one wallet. Espionage ,
It does exactly what it says on the tin it's a brill p##k as well as every other option you could want and size is not a prob , it's my every day to

Robbie
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I've gone through the same decisions as everyone above concerning wallets. I own most of the ones mentioned and none of them really suited me.

So...I designed my own and had it made. My criteria:
1) Regular bi-fold hip-pocket type wallet with place for currency, ID cards, credit cards to use as my everyday wallet
2) Main purpose to carry the things I need to perform on an "impromptu" basis. Not primarily trick oriented.
3) Built in features:
a) Shogun feature (I do a serial killer type of effect)
b) Multiple outs for things like KK or Heirloom
c) Pockets to hold billets, small envelopes, packet tricks
d) Business card compartment
e) Coin pocket to keep my "trick" coins away from my real coins
f) place for a Pen
g) Peek feature

I finally am kinda happy. Now that I've had it and used it for about 6 months I've come up with additional improvements. Now for the big question: "What did it cost me?" Answer: about $150

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 07:56, tgplano wrote:
I've gone through the same decisions as everyone above concerning wallets. I own most of the ones mentioned and none of them really suited me.

So...I designed my own and had it made. My criteria:
1) Regular bi-fold hip-pocket type wallet with place for currency, ID cards, credit cards to use as my everyday wallet
2) Main purpose to carry the things I need to perform on an "impromptu" basis. Not primarily trick oriented.
3) Built in features:
a) Shogun feature (I do a serial killer type of effect)
b) Multiple outs for things like KK or Heirloom
c) Pockets to hold billets, small envelopes, packet tricks
d) Business card compartment
e) Coin pocket to keep my "trick" coins away from my real coins
f) place for a Pen
g) Peek feature

I finally am kinda happy. Now that I've had it and used it for about 6 months I've come up with additional improvements. Now for the big question: "What did it cost me?" Answer: about $150

Ted

wow how do you make a wallet anyway

I think its fun to make ^^

maybe after 1-2 years I can think to make mine I'm still novice and in learning phase with books and stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help in wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL