The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm a newbie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

geraldbelton
View Profile
New user
Durham, NC
63 Posts

Profile of geraldbelton
Hey, y'all.

My name is Gerald Belton and I live in Durham, North Carolina.

I've played around with sleight-of-hand since I was a kid. (I'm now in my mid-50's so that's a long time.) When I was in High School I got a copy of Bruce Elliot's "Classic Secrets of Magic" and spent the next couple of years working on variations of Cups and Balls.

Recently, I had the opportunity to see The Amazing Kreskin perform a show at a local theater, and I've realized that I'm much more interested in mental effects. I've been to one meeting of my local IBM Ring and will join soon (I have to do two performances at meetings to qualify, and I've done one).

I've been lurking here for a while, and I've purchased Bob Cassidy's "Fundamentals of Professional Mentalism" based on recommendations I've seen here. I'm not looking to quit my "day job" but I do enjoy being in front of an audience.

Thanks, everyone!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome geraldbelton,

My whole family enjoyed the Kreskin Show. I'm glad to hear that he is still performing.

I lurked for quite a while before joining, it seemed prudent. But now that you've joined, you'll have even more fun.

-Mary Mowder
geraldbelton
View Profile
New user
Durham, NC
63 Posts

Profile of geraldbelton
Thanks, Mary. I just found out that Kreskin is coming back to town next weekend, October 12 at the Arts Center in Carrboro. I am looking forward to seeing him again!
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
264 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Hi Gerald,

You sound a lot like me. I got a late start and now I can't get enough, especially mentalism. Welcome to the Café. There are occasional spats, but it's a great place to learn and grow with lots of supportive people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'm a newbie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL