The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 card monte The paper clip ruse (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
Where can I get an explanation of the paper clip ruse as shown on daryl's DV, but I don't believe it is explained there.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
It is. Buy the DVD.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
He explains it along with the stamp ruse.
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
Thank you!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I started using the paper clip ruse in conjunction with Mark Mason's pseudo monte routine.
I think I had read about it (the paper clip ruse) first in Magic Digest by George Anderson when I was a kid.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3369 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The School for Scoundrels Notes on Three-Card Monte have the paperclip, pencil dot, torn corner, stabbed card, and other such endings explained as well.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Wolfgang Moser's "Miracle Monte" also uses the paperclip ruse in his routine.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of luvisi
See also: Tarbell 7 and Cy Enfield's Entertaining Card Magic.

Since nobody here has mentioned it yet, this is often credited to Audley Walsh.

Andru
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I love the paper clip ruse. It is very well explained in Daryl Does the Full Monte.

I do it at the end of my Three Card Monte demo video here:

http://purplemagic.ca/hustles.html
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2013, Pop Haydn wrote:
The School for Scoundrels Notes on Three-Card Monte have the paperclip, pencil dot, torn corner, stabbed card, and other such endings explained as well.


Yeah, but does it explain the one where the dealer shows the QH and nails it to the table, and when the mark puts his money down it's the 6C?
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2014, luvisi wrote:
See also: Tarbell 7 and Cy Enfield's Entertaining Card Magic.

Since nobody here has mentioned it yet, this is often credited to Audley Walsh.

Andru


This is where I learned it.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3369 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2013, Pop Haydn wrote:
The School for Scoundrels Notes on Three-Card Monte have the paperclip, pencil dot, torn corner, stabbed card, and other such endings explained as well.


Yeah, but does it explain the one where the dealer shows the QH and nails it to the table, and when the mark puts his money down it's the 6C?


Yes. That is the Kohler ending.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Pop Haydn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, cheesewrestler wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2013, Pop Haydn wrote:
The School for Scoundrels Notes on Three-Card Monte have the paperclip, pencil dot, torn corner, stabbed card, and other such endings explained as well.


Yeah, but does it explain the one where the dealer shows the QH and nails it to the table, and when the mark puts his money down it's the 6C?


Yes. That is the Kohler ending.


Mmmmm "knifed" does not appear to meet the conditions ....

I'll probably buy the disc anyhow though, just to see the 3CM being worked in the streets of Uzbekistan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » 3 card monte The paper clip ruse (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL