We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Devin Knight's new book - How To Rank Your Act on Google. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The White Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Australia, Queensland
148 Posts

Profile of The White Wizard
I am currently reworking my website and like most entertainers (SEO - search engine optimization) is quite important when clients are searching to hire someone. I am no guru on the subject and when I saw Devin Knight's new book I though of asking Café members if anyone has purchased this or what is your advice on SEO.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
When you're just getting started or trying to increase your shows per week, having a web site with good content, optimizing it, and taking advantage of social media and other traditional marketing strategies is always a wise move for building top of mind awareness in your target market until you're better known. Just keep in mind that these strategies are targeting folks that don't know you yet, so you're more likely to encounter price shoppers that you will have to sell on your value. And unfortunately, all these strategies are far from the end all solution since they only put you on an equal playing field with everyone else in your market that does the same.

As an entertainer, every show you do becomes a 45 minute commercial for marketing your value. So be sure to have many cards on hand since you're best form of advertising is word of mouth. If someone is already seeking you out by name online, you won't need an optimized web site to be found! Rather than relying on your web site to sell you, it's much better if you utilize your web site to earn you instant credibility and validation from anyone that is already seeking you out. But if you're not in that ideal situation yet, then any way you can drive more traffic to your web site is worth pursuing. Eventually, all this traffic will result in you getting plenty of free organic placement on the major search engines like Google and Yahoo.

If you want to quickly identify deficiencies with your web site that you can address yourself so that you're more easily found, plug in your web site here for a free web score grader analysis: http://marketing.grader.com/

- Gary
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
The full title of the book is "Rank Your Act on Google's First Page in 24 Hours!"

The big question is if everyone buys the book, will everyone's website rank on Google's first page?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Devin Knight's new book - How To Rank Your Act on Google. (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL