The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Save your money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
For me it would have to be Flik by Alexis De La Fuente.

I know others have had success with it but I just could not get it to behave reliably, at least for my style, although I tried many techniques and substances before throwing in the towel. I really wanted to make it work.
The gimmick would either release prematurely or barely at all. I just couldn't trust it and besides, there are better moving hole effects anyway IMHO.
The included DVD left a lot to be desired as well, both in production and content.

Plus, I feel it was very overpriced at $36.00. Similar card gaffs for different types of effects (but utilizing similar methodology) sell for under $10.00.
But even for over 40 bucks with shipping it did not come ready to go right out of the box (or should I say flat-pack envelope).
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
No Question the self bending paper clip must be the worse trick of 2013 !
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Movemint
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 22:25, videoman wrote:
For me it would have to be Flik by Alexis De La Fuente.

I know others have had success with it but I just could not get it to behave reliably, at least for my style, although I tried many techniques and substances before throwing in the towel. I really wanted to make it work.
The gimmick would either release prematurely or barely at all. I just couldn't trust it and besides, there are better moving hole effects anyway IMHO.
The included DVD left a lot to be desired as well, both in production and content.

Plus, I feel it was very overpriced at $36.00. Similar card gaffs for different types of effects (but utilizing similar methodology) sell for under $10.00.
But even for over 40 bucks with shipping it did not come ready to go right out of the box (or should I say flat-pack envelope).

Hey Videoman !

We did have a conversation about Flik and I gave you advices on how to use it. It's pretty strange that you can't make it work.. I use mine nearly every week without having a problem.

Maybe use different brand of DST, wear it a little bit more or less. Or even use your finger ! It works pretty well too and you have "more" control.

As for the price, I don't have control on it so I'm sorry if you feel that it is overpriced.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
Alex, no hard feelings at all from me. I respect your creativity and will certainly still purchase other products you release, so keep putting out effects.
Spent a few weeks trying various methods, substances and refinements but couldn't get Flik to be sure-fire, by that I mean locked and loaded and ready to go when I need it.
The finger method did not work for me but works great for others, so maybe it's just me, I will admit that. I am speaking for only myself when I say it was a disappointment.
Perhaps I will give it another go.

I'm considering purchasing Frame and maybe that will end up on my trick of the year of the list. I would definitely love that to be the case.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I completely understand your point of view Smile No hard feeling from me too !

Hope you will like Frame in case you buy it, on this one, you have FULL control Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Save your money (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL