The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's 13 Monkeys‏ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
"I don't care if you're Docc Hilford or a 13-year-old kid releasing a 99 cent trick on Theory 11."

How sad for you!

Buy the 99 cent trick, it's you!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 21:29, RCP wrote:
"I don't care if you're Docc Hilford or a 13-year-old kid releasing a 99 cent trick on Theory 11."

How sad for you!

Buy the 99 cent trick, it's you!

How crazy of me, right?

I'm not exactly sure why you're bragging about the fact that you'll let someone with some measure of fame or success treat you (or others) poorly. I guess you think that's a good quality? "Bootlicker" is not generally a positive character trait. But hey, own it, man.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 21:01, RCP wrote:
First there were books, then DVD’s and now the internet……The art is available to the masses….many that are unworthy of such.

Who are you to judge?

Quote:
SO! My point is Docc and performers like him DESERVE and have EARNED a certain respect.

And we customers should also be shown respect.

Quote:
You however are not EQUALS and NEVER will be. Know your PLACE. Your $19.00 bucks does not buy you jack; it buys you a trick, but nothing more.

Again, who are you to judge?

It doesn't matter how much or little money I spend on an effect; I don't like being misled just because someone wants to part me with my hard-earned cash.

Quote:
Years ago Jerome Fineley was here more often. He had a very limited and expensive book. I wanted it, he on multiple occasions told me he didn’t think it was right for me but I WANTED it. He sold it to me….I was clueless…he tried to help me multiple times….BUT I WAS CLUELESS to its contents.

I didn’t come here and cry, it was MY DECSION…..Only now, YEARS LATTER, does some of it make a little sense to me.

What Jerome Fineley did for you there is exactly what I'm arguing for - he was totally honest and transparent, allowing you to make an informed decision.

Quote:
The reason so few pros come here is because of people like you splitting hairs over what the meaning of IS is.

I'm not splitting hairs; just asking for respect and honesty. Is that too much to ask of anyone?

Rich
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm for what Magicsquared and r99h said.

There's nothing more to say.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
On both threads there have been statements that for $19 what's the ad says does not matter as you can get value of out of what has been sold.

I ask those members when they have gone to a restaurant and having read a mouth watering description of a steak on the menu for $19 which they order, what do they do when the waitress brings them a plate of pasta to the table ? The pasta is a well cooked and will fill your hunger ... So why do we all straight away send the food back because this is not what we ordered . We do so because we have a certain expectation level of how we should be treated as a customer and it has been instilled into us we are expected to be treated as a valued customer .

For some reason in the magic world the rules are different

Andrew
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 21:01, RCP wrote:
You however are not EQUALS and NEVER will be. Know your PLACE.

Blimey RCP, you sound like my Wife !

Lar.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 02:34, a brown 1968 wrote:
On both threads there have been statements that for $19 what's the ad says does not matter as you can get value of out of what has been sold.

I ask those members when they have gone to a restaurant and having read a mouth watering description of a steak on the menu for $19 which they order, what do they do when the waitress brings them a plate of pasta to the table ? The pasta is a well cooked and will fill your hunger ... So why do we all straight away send the food back because this is not what we ordered . We do so because we have a certain expectation level of how we should be treated as a customer and it has been instilled into us we are expected to be treated as a valued customer .

For some reason in the magic world the rules are different

Andrew

Apparently in The Magic Café you are expected to keep your mouth shut, smile, eat the pasta, and then compliment the chef for the best steak you ever had.

New chefs like Andrew should help change that.

I'll eat at your restaurant any day, Andrew.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
I have this- and like it.
Does anyone know what happened to the follow up call?

Shanester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's 13 Monkeys‏ (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL