The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Tray by MagicSmith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
555 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Saw this trailer posted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDMNvfFVSs
"Mentalism's hottest weapon. Anything placed within this Flash Tray self combusts at your command. Ideal for magically lighting matches, mentalism, spiritualism, transformations and transpositions."

Looks sweet. No product page for the item on MagicSmith's website yet.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
That could be an incredible tool for the right performer. Bizarre magic, readings ( can you do a CT with FP ? ). Matt Sconce's "Note" would great with this. Burn the info with the initials they wrote and....the initials appear on their arm.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4084 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks awesome. I love MagicSmith.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Don't like the fact that it is resting on top of something else, also here in Spain there are no ashtrays anywhere as smoking is banned in all public places, it seems to work very well, just cant see where I could use it due to the fact nowhere gas ashtrays any more.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Looks like this will be shipping this Friday. Chris Smith puts out quality stuff and his customer service is something many other magic dealers should aspire to.

http://www.magicsmith.com/flashtray.html

Can't wait to check it out!

** Bill **
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Awesome idea! Wish I would have thought of it... Definitely will be picking one up in the future.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1580 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis

www.tonycurtismagic.com
New & Preowned Magic Wagon Effects
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18818 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I reaaaaaaaaaaaally need to resist this...would love it as it fits in with a couple of things I do currently...
I've asked to be banned
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks great....mind buzzing with ideas.

george1953 mentioned the tray needs to be placed onto something else.
Is that correct? Or is it all self contained, in the one Ash tray, that I can put onto any surface?

Can I also ask if it could possibly damage any surfaces like a wooded table etc?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Man this looks intense. Im totally in on this one imagine combining this with telephoto. They scroll through a webpage of photos write down what they are looking at on a piece of paper they mentally burn that image into their mind the paper bursts into flames and meanwhile you know everything with no peek needed..

Holy cow my mind is spinning.

-Bobby
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18818 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The page link tells you....

"Flash Tray can be performed close-up and surrounded. It works on any surface and can even be held by the spectator during performance"
I've asked to be banned
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Order in and fingers crossed.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4378 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also just ordered this , will give you a review once received , spoke to Chris who gave me all the answers I needed sounds awesome Smile
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Hmmmm I think I prefer this - LOOKS more versatile but does anyone have a review http://www.magicsmith.com/fireball.html I have found a few on penguin magic - (very mixed) and next to none on the café
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3864 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this and it is excellent. Worth the price! So many applications possible.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3864 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Djurmann,
I have both. I think they make a good combination. They are very different. You could use one in your hands and have the other across the room. If you had to choose one, that would be difficult. Fireball could be more impromptu and could be used for street magic. Flash Tray has a remote control and you could do some pretty cool hands off effects where you are no where near the device.
If I were you, I would purchase both. If I had to purchase one first, I think you would be happy with either. One thing to know is fireball is good for 500 to 1000 performances per manufacturer and does not have replaceable batteries. At that, it is only pennies per performance. However, I suppose one could cut it open and replace the battery when it dies. I have used mine for about 100 performances and it is still going strong. Flash Tray has replaceable batteries.
KJ
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Penguin magic just got them in.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3764

I've played with and its cool and has a lot of potential!

I already have a few ideas for it.

~Steve
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 10:47, emyers99 wrote:
Looks awesome. I love MagicSmith.

Same here, emyers. He makes stuff that looks like real magic. Stuff that truly uses everyday-looking objects.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10626 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Any reviews ? How are you guys using this?

Also wondering if you should order extra paper with the kit or is enough supplied to last awhile?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
purpleflag
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of purpleflag
Got mine at Blackpool Smile

From what I've seen it looks really good Smile
I'll post a review when I've had chance to look at it properly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Tray by MagicSmith (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL