The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » How Science Class Should be everyday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Hello,

Today in my Biology B class at school we reviewed the main bones and muscles in the body. My teacher then let us work with a partner to study the bones and muscles.

My partner is a good friend of mine and I usually do tricks for him in my other class and at lunch. I do some tricks for him and he calls over this other kid to watch. So the kid sits down and I do three tricks before this other kid comes and sits down at the table we were at. I did a couple more tricks and this last kid that sat down freaked out and his friend came over to watch now. Then after doing about 2 more tricks for those 4, one of the kids goes crazy after Daveburry Dilusion and the effect when the chosen card jumps between two face up cards away from the deck.

After this the everyone is looking at him like yelling and he calls the teacher over to watch. My teacher is in his upper 20's and he's really cool, so he starts watching as about 10 more students rush over to see what the ruckus is all about. I did some more tricks including Ambitious Card and some more of my favorite tricks. Needless to say, no one got much done, but it was exciting to fool so many classmates that I have never even talked to before this. After the bell rang my teacher told me to keep pursuing this and that I did an awesome job. It felt good to have a teacher watch magic when it's during his class.
I know it's bad to do magic in school, but my friend just always asks me to, and since the teacher actually wanted me to do more, then I didn't think it was wrong.
Anyways, just sharing this.
TJ
dreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
156 Posts

Profile of dreidy
TJ,

I teach science, and try to get at least a couple of tricks in each week for the class. I've now got a couple of my students getting started as well. I'm happy to let them do tricks for the class as long as they let me know first. Where I teach periods run 55 minutes, so a bit of a break around the middle of the lesson helps keep everyone fresh.

I think school's the perfect place for magic, both in and out of the classroom.

Good luck,

David.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
David,
That sounds really cool. I wish I had a teacher that did magic as well. My science period is also 55 minutes, and it can be long sometimes, but with magic involved it would be something to look forward to.

Thanks.

TJ
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Hi TJ.

I enjoyed reading your story.

When I used to go to public school (I'm homeschooled now), I had a science teacher who did magic as a hobby (and he was actually quite good at it). He would often perform in class and I think it really added a lot to the lessons.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » How Science Class Should be everyday (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL