The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shot glass on the shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kryptonite76
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kryptonite76
I have been playing with Whit Hayden's Street shells for quite some time. Due to the brilliant inclusion of the Chanin Dip, I have always practiced on a hard surface so as to be able to perform anywhere. This did not pose a problem for me until I began practice the shot glass finale. When attempting this on a hard surface, the shell clicks inside the glass and the glass THUMPS on table both on the way in and the way out. Can anyone offer any advice? Am I holding it wrong? Do I need to reluctantly use a mat?
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
The bounce, alas, is inevitable unless you find a shotglass with sloping sides that wedges the shell against the interior. That, combined with a gentle grip and good misdirection should more than cover for any movement.

You could also try to find a glass similar to the Finale Glass I sell for La Maggiore, where the height of the glass is dimished to just above the height of the shell (see our website for pictures: http://www.threeshellgame.com/shellshop/......amp;id=2 ). The curve of the glass hides the movement to some degree, and in the case of La Maggiore, the glass allows only very marginal room for movement.

Once again, misdirection should more than cover movement, appropriate sound camoflage (simple conversation should do it) should cover the "clack" when the shell drops down and strikes the hard surface...

Andrew

Be sure to keep your eyes out for my soon-to-be-released DVD, The Shells: From Street to Stage. I will be releasing my personal routine for the shells along with a comprehensive look at shell game technique, equipment, presentational approaches, historical information and hopefully some film clips of the greats... The Shells: From Street to Stage will be available early in 2004.

Fleece 'em if ya got 'em!

Andrew
threeshellgame.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The shot glass on the shell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL