The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Durania Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Dennis,

I apologize for getting that wrong. Thank you for clearing it up.

Also, concerning shell work, you could use two shells (see Shimada's work). Also, in my manipulation act I use NO shells.

Stop by Bob Little's convention on June 25th in Bensalem, PA and you can see me perform it.

FC
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
If the price per set were pre-paid and high enough, even the smallest number of interested parties would make it worthwhile. As long as they were 1 3/4 to 2", I'd be interested. So how low...errr...how high can you go...

It's the machinist's turn.
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Quote:
On 2006-03-23 19:32, RandyStewart wrote:
If the price per set were pre-paid and high enough, even the smallest number of interested parties would make it worthwhile. As long as they were 1 3/4 to 2", I'd be interested. So how low...errr...how high can you go...

It's the machinist's turn.

Randy;
As far I am concerned until the rights issue is resolved, it is not worth making the Durania Balls at any price. I certainly do not need the extra work nor grief attached to making items with rights in question. I'm busy enough as it is.
Jim
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thanks for commenting Jim. With rights issue unresolved and without your craftsmanship in making the Durania Balls, we will be at a loss. Too bad.

You know Bill Palmer has commented and educated us all on importance of copyright, trademark, and patents. Serving not only to protect material but if anything tell the world what belongs to whom! This particularly important and useful when inventors have passed on.
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Now that I think about it, I believe Richard Ross got his Durania Shell from Willi Seidl here in Vienna ("here", as in: Im currently on a holiday back home).

And I also think Willi once said he doesn't want to make them anymore, because it's too difficult and expensive.
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Any new progress in the last year?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I have heard nothing. Smile
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 10:46, RiserMagic wrote:
Guys;
I ran in to a dead end on getting any kind of responses on the "rights" search - so the project sits on hold. Dave is correct when he states that making only a few sets is not cost effective (end product becomes too expensive). A dozen or so guys wanting sets is hardly worth the effort and setup expenses. BTW - I was thinking 1 3/4" balls for the load balls. I'm still waiting for a legitimate rights holder (documented) to come forth. Until then, no Durania Balls from me.
Jim

Jim:

I am in correspondence with the rights owner as I write. The rights are not owned by Detlef Hartung as suggested. As soon as I can get something worked out, I will be in touch with you. Would really like to see you manufacture them as your work is par excellent.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I happen to have a complete original set in Near Mint Condition which I may entertain the idea of selling if the offer is good.
This thread is a PERFECT example of how ridiculous the "rights" issue gets after decades of handing off from one person to the next with little if any documentation combined with conflict of the actual originators etc. It just gets worse by the year.
My problem is the "Rights Horders" who buy up, sometimes the "rights" by the truckload, at prices next to nothing or promises never fulfilled, and then sit on them...probably until they die, never opting to sell them to folks who can actually get around to BUILDING/MANUFACTURING the effects. If they chose to sell a few of the "rights", this would allow magic to GROW rather than stifle the art.
Well, there is my vent for the day and I really hope Jim can cut through all this and finally get these back on market if the demand justifies the run.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
Plano, TX
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Hope everything works out well. I am waiting for the Durania balls to hit the market...
Matt101
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Matt101
My friend was producing these balls, one piece for 100 US dollars, if you are interested, PM me, I will try to persuade him to make some again
ricafanta
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of ricafanta
I have two original sets. One was made by Werry in the sixties and the other was manufactured by Manfred Thum. Both from Germany. The price is more than $ 100.- But they are the Originals.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Dudes, I just picked up a set and let me tell you ... they are just fun to play with. When it comes to manipulation, I'm such a purist so I'm not sure if I will ever use these in performance, but man are they fun! I fooled my lady too. That's saying something.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
There is an original Werry set of Durania balls currently up for auction HERE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Durania Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL