The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cue The Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, mjanes wrote:
Will those who regularly use this routine please offer reflections on audience reaction, and specific elements of performer acting which enhance or fall flat? One certainly cannot expect a deadpan presentation to make this fly on the merits of the content alone. Jon Allen does a lovely job in the two YouTube clips available. I'd like to hear more from you who use this. What are the sticky spots, if any, and what helps give wings to the humor and fun?

Honestly, for me, it's more about the facial expressions. Remember, the cards are doing all the audio work. I find myself not having to speak much during this routine but I do find myself more on the end of the audience and reacting to the cue cards being spoken.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I agree. Lovely piece for my second B show act. Good closer. I definitely need to practice every now and then or forget the pacing.
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I just did this one again tonight for an all guys, bachelor party style 40th birthday party. It was one of my middle-show routines, and It landed big time! I play off crowds and add jokes in the moment, and this routine gives you plenty of opportunities to make each performance unique. This remains one of my favorite go-to routines for adult parties.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I have only used this about six or maybe eight times. In the right situation it is a great closer for me. But I do a lot of kids shows at a resort for my bread and butter and for them it does not work as well for me.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I've just set up a Facebook group for Cue the Magic. Early days so growing. Join if you are an owner of my trick.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/499672655316193
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cue The Magic (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL