The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Everyone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Micha-el
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Hello, my name is Barry and I am new to the Café.

I have been doing magic for over 40 years, but this is my first venture into forum communication. I look forward to enjoying our interactions in the future.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Julie
Welcome Barry!

In what part of the world do you reside? What kind of Magic is your favorite?

Julie
Micha-el
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the welcome. I reside in Connecticut and teach mathematics at a private school. I'm a general magic practitioner. Close up and stand up. Years ago I did a lot of performing. My wife, Louise, and I did an Elizabethan act and later a Victorian act. After four children, Louise retired. I still do the occasional stand up show for adults and young adults. When my children were young I did many children/school shows, but in recent years, have decided to leave that type of performance to younger more energetic magicians (although I was pretty good at it!) Retirement is in the near future, so I am considering returning to professional magic.
Regards,
Barry
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Micha-el, (sounds like you come from Krypton)

Are you going to do all Close-Up or the Stand-Up Elizabethan and Victorian acts for Adults as well?

I Apprenticed as an Apprentice to a Wizard. I always enjoyed the Costume performances. I miss working with the Wizard.

-Mary Mowder
Micha-el
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the welcome. My middle name is Michael, but that avatar name was taken. I agree that costuming performing is enjoyable and in some respects is easier to sell than a straight magic act. I performed the Victorian and Elizabethan acts in the 70's and 80's; I don't think I will resurrect them. My wife and I were fortunate to get costumes from the Hartford Stage Company. It was a great deal of fun. We performed for schools, museums, and arts festivals. I still do cards-to-pocket with a Victorian script. If I start performing professionally again it will be stand-up at the start and then I will add close-up. My approach will be to perform strong magic blending sleight of hand with apparatus/gimmicks. Presentation will underscore a light touch of humor but not heavy comedy. Again thanks for the welcome I look forward to interacting with the Café community.
Regards,
Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Everyone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL