The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Some seriously cool shells and ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Hi,

This was posted over in Spooky ... thought I'd repost it here.

These shells and pea holders look great freakin' great. I wonder how they compare to the SFS Street Shells.

http://www.3shells.com/shell-game-store.html
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
charlie_d
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
I have both kinds; they're both great. Al also does "normal" shells as well as the bottom ridge shells.

It's probably worth really studying the video clip on 3shells.com, and Pop's routine with the Street Shells ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jpdgmOm5o0 ) to get an idea of the differences between the "bottom ridge" and SFS street shells. Pop is using solid silver shells in the clip, but the design is identical to the street shells. For the audience, I think the effects are very similar - the pea moves impossibly, then vanishes from under a glass (with a loaded walnut as a kicker in Al's routine). Both of these guys are so good there's really nothing to see, but if you're familiar with the method you can kind of get an idea for what's going on. The timing in Pop's routine is a thing of beauty, but that's Pop, not the shells Smile

The quality of both these suppliers is top notch. I'm honestly not sure which I prefer; I'd give them both a 10/10. Also - the peas supplied by both are amazing - Al's "Sweet Pea" and SFS "Perfect Pea" both grip, clip and move very well on any surface, including bar tabletops and even glass.
benhart
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of benhart
I don't think there is any shells made that can even come close to comparing to the shells at 3shells.com
The reason there can be no comparison is 3shells.com is the only one that makes the Bottom Ridge design shell.
Al at 3shells.com is the one that came up with the original design of the Bottom Ridge Shell.

This new shell design keeps the pea in the shell when moved in any direction and will only come out when you want it too. This is a big advantage to what you can do. You always have full control and will even fool the ones that know how the old shell game works. As this is a whole new game. They are also the only shell sets that can be fully examined at any time with the soft pea without switching the pea.

The feature list goes on. Put Bottom Ridge Shells in the search engine in; Ever so sleightly or If right you win, if wrong you lose and you will read why they are the hottest shells on the market today.
At first the ridge was a little too big for some, but the new ridge looks and works great.

Even the peas and accessory items that are offered to work with the shells are great
The big difference is the Bottom Ridge Design, which most of their shells have. They do make a standard type design walnut shell,
The quality and features are the best you can get. My collection of Al's shells just keeps growing.
I have always found them being better than what I had expected.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Thanks for posting about these, Andy!

Fascinating!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Smile

Yeah, and particular that you can move them with pea underneath with out the switch out.

One factor I love about the street shells is you can steal them on any surface, bar tables, glass tables - I imagine this the Chanin Dip. Do the bottom ridge allow this? It does say perform on any flat surface Smile

If customs hadn't just shanked me for 100 dollars I'd pick these up today.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
charlie_d
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Both types (SFS Street and Al's Bottom Ridge) work on any surface - at least, they both work on wooden and glass tables in bars, as well as (obviously) pads, baize or felt. This is partly due to the pea - the peas supplied with both are excellent, very grippy.
benhart
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of benhart
Charlie_d is right, both shells and peas, work on any hard surface. But I believe (imo) one is better for this and for many other reasons. (Al's Bottom Ridge Shells and Peas.)

Best to try both and see what works best for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Some seriously cool shells and ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL