The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sugar packets tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
194 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
Dose any one know of any good sugar packets tricks ?
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Glue a pink to a blue and your set to do a C/S routine.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
There are various versions of a signed coin being made to vanish and reappear inside a sugar packet, probably the most notable being "How Clean It Is" by Diamond Jim Tyler. Greg Wilson also published an effect called "Vanish 5,000" in which the contents of the packet disappear. There are also signed bank notes to sugar packet, but I would just use the Diamond Jim Tyler handling with the coin, substituting a signed bill. A smaller finger ring can appear inside the packet as well.

The C/S idea as above is great too. You can also use them for writing predictions on and performing some sort of s****h with them, rings can appear inside, missing/receipt corners of cards (such as with the Intercessor/Intercessor 2.0).

"Ignition" by Chris Smith (MagicSmith) uses the key to perform a penetration of a sugar packet.

I hope these ideas/references are useful to you!
JustCraig
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of JustCraig
I recently watched Connections by Jon Allen and there was an effect on there called Citizen Cane where two spectators (sorry, Jon doesn't like that word...participants) each choose a sugar packet from a bowl and sign their names on them. One packet is brown sugar, the other white.

They sign them and cover the packets with their hands. When they lift their hands it seems nothing has happened BUT after tearing open the packets, the brown sugar packet gets white sugar poured out and the white sugar packet has brown sugar poured out.

It really is a great close up restaurant effect (and the DVD is probably one of the best I have seen in a long time too....)
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
Dave Bonsalls sugar routine available here.
I don't own it, but I've seen him dem'ing it at Blackpool and its a pretty solid routine.

http://www.propdog.co.uk/dave-bonsall-ma......ne-notes
Mike Gerrish
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Mike Gerrish
A fellow magician, Doug Have, taught me a very surprising and simple sugar packet trick using packets hand numbered 1 through 7 on one side. The magician makes a prediction and the spectator tosses all of the packets up in the air. After they land, all of the packets not showing a number are removed. The process is repeated until only one packet remains and that is the packet that the magician predicted. I have gotten surprisingly great responses from this simple effect.
gregg webb
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
David Harkey had a great one with a sugar packet and a quarter. The packet was thrown onto the quarter. The quarter seemed to disappear and the packet shown but the shape of a quarter could be 'seen' inside and the packet was torn and the quarter removed. I recollect the quarter was initialed or marked. Regards, Gregg Webb
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1071 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Gregg, is this the same as "Sweet Stuff" from Art of Astonishment 3? I can't remember if that was from a David Harkey idea or not.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6751 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Sweet and Low - Richard Osterlind
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Sankey has a few scattered among his DVDs and books.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sugar packets tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL