The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Misdirection Effect (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Uh, corindaman, I just looked at page 266 of EOCT and this trick is not in there. Nothing even similar. Doesn't surprise me, though, as one of the principles was only published about 20 years ago (and is credited by Liam).
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
I'm confused Cameron you state you looked at page 266 of EOCT but Corndamin wrote it was found on page 286. Was this just a typo?
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 09:29, Rabid wrote:
Just curious corindaman...How do you know it's the same method? Do you have The Misdirection Effect?

Yes I do and it is one hell of an effect, just saying the basics are there in EOCD! It is under the heading 'controlling several cards'.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Sorry. My mistake. But having looked at page 286, there is no similar trick to this in there either. Again, though, this effect would not be in EOCT as it is a combination of various principles, one of which was only published within the last 20 years or so.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Definately page 286. This is written up as a control, but the basics of the misdirection effect are there.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Okay, you are talking about the MRD Deck, not The Misdirection Effect. Different trick. Smile

Thread here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=218&220
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Oops ,sorry I meant the MRD effect!
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
No offense -- but there is no "principle" required for this effect that is less than twenty years old. There is, perhaps, an interesting "subtlety" that makes the effect slightly more interesting. But a stronger, simpler (in how it appears to the spectators -- though more difficult to execute), and more direct (and very similar) effect is found on page 81 of Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table (published in 1988). While the "misdirection" presentation is nice, that could easily be layered onto Mr. Ortiz' masterpiece.
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Well, the subtlety is used in conjunction with the thing I'm talking about. I don't know that it makes anything more interesting. But it does makes things easy. Smile
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-18 09:30, Cameron Francis wrote:
Departure Box from The Kapow ebook. Also on the Kapow DVD set

Thanks Cameron!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This looks really, really good.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
When will this be hitting the US?
My first name rhymes with Magician
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1758 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is one of those effects that is not only baffling for the audience but SO much fun to perform! It's also one of the best constructed effects Ive seen for a while. Liam has eliminated pretty much any sleight of hand with the brilliant deck he has included! Everything moves like clockwork. Everything is motivated an everything about this makes me smile! I love Liams work but this has to be one of his best! So much thought put into it, this is a real workers effect! Top marks from me!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 14:23, Christian Rey wrote:
When will this be hitting the US?

Penguin has it now http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16123
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Liam really seems to on a roll at the moment with his releases! Lets hope there is more to come!!!
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
I don't normally jump in on these forums on other peoples effect but You need to get this... Absolutely fooled me when a saw it performed live at a convention recently...best unexpected ending to any trick I have seen for a while and I did not see the ending coming.

perfect for that top table at a wedding gig...just hits so hard.

Giving this a big thumbs up!

Chris Webb
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
Bruno Dias
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Bruno Dias
This looks Very good indeed, And Easy to perform.
But if you perform In a Wedding situation for table hopping In 5tables And sign 2 cards In every situation Your deck Will dissapear quicky I think...
And you have to buy again the effect???? To replace the deck!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 14:26, Bruno Dias wrote:
But if you perform In a Wedding situation for table hopping In 5tables And sign 2 cards In every situation Your deck Will dissapear quicky I think...

Jut but a blank backe deck and write the oppropriate words on the appropriate cards. Just replace the selected cards when the deck seems to be getting low
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Yes, you do not need to buy the DVD and deck again...
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 14:29, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 14:26, Bruno Dias wrote:

Jut but a blank backe deck and write the oppropriate words on the appropriate cards. Just replace the selected cards when the deck seems to be getting low

Holy cow... I don't know why I have so many spelling mistakes in my post... Sorry about that everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Misdirection Effect (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL