The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello All... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charlesthemusician
View Profile

Atlanta, GA
0 Posts

Profile of charlesthemusician
Hello All,

My name is Charles. I'm a musician from Atlanta, GA, and am relatively new to magic. I've been doing magic for about a year. Mostly for friends and family. (I still have nerves that I have to get over when it comes to performing for strangers) I started out with a Svengali and a Stripper Deck, and quickly wanted to learn how to do magic with a normal deck of cards and discovered Ellusionist. I know a lot of people don't like them, that's neither here nor there, it's where I got my real start and when it comes down to it, we're all just trying to entertain people and give them a great experience. I'm just trying to get better and learn as much as I can. The Magic Café looks like a great place to meet others who are just like me and people who've been doing this for a while who can give me helpful advice. Maybe I can even find a mentor. I look forward to what I can learn and accomplish through my connections here at The Magic Café
"I will do today what others won't so that I can do tomorrow what others can't"
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome charlesthemusician,

It is actually easier to "get away" with "things" around strangers than it is with Family and Friends (who are familiar with your natural body language and voice patterns and can pick out inconsistencies more easily). So you have already been facing the hardest audience you will ever face. I hope that helps with your nerves around strangers a little.

I always like to welcome Musicians. They "get" practice. Also when you tell people that you are a Magician and they ask you what instrument you play, you can say "The Drums".

-Mary Mowder
charlesthemusician
View Profile

Atlanta, GA
0 Posts

Profile of charlesthemusician
Thank You Mary,

I never thought about it that way when it comes to my friends and family. The hard part with my family comes in the form of presenting magic to them as myself. I can't put on a "persona" for them. Like you said, they already know me! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it!
"I will do today what others won't so that I can do tomorrow what others can't"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello All... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL