The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with post it notes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Are there any good ones out there? I've been kinda obsessed with mini post its lately....I put together a torn and restored idea together, but I think it would be awesome to have an entire routine on just a small pad of post-its! All ideas are welcome Smile
JustCraig
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of JustCraig
I'm sure there are some mentalism effects you could do with post-its.

Dough (Jay Sankey) where pencil penetrates a bank note/bill with the use of a post-it

In "Magic: The Complete Course" (Joshua Jay) there is a "bending spoon" effect with a spoon drawn on a post it - I can think of half a dozen variations off the top of my head using the same method.

Magic Square

Paper balls over head

The old bar bet where you can bend a cigarette completely in half using a banknote (substituting the bank note/bill with a post it note)

Have a spectator draw a coin on it and produce the coin from the picture….

I’m sure there are loads more but these are just some I come up with off the top of my head.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
A quick list from me also off the top of my own head: A marketed effect (and a very good one!) called "But Not Here" by Mark Elsdon and Elmwood Magic uses the 2x2 (actually 1-7/8 x 1-7/8) Post-It notes for both the prediction and the reveal.

There are lots of mentalism effects possible, effects in which drawings move/change/transform/vanish using Frixion pens, T&R using Post-Its (someone has a show-closing Torn & Restored Post-In on one of their videos - I could be wrong but I think it was Richard Osterlind but if not, it was another mentalist). There is an effect called "Calcutta Mystery" in a book by Kaplan called 'The Fine Art of Magic" than can use Post-Its, and that routine directly inspired a John Bannon effect called "Oh Calcutta" which does use Post-Its.

One can also use them for billet work as the Bannon effect does.

If you make up your own Mental Epic pad for a close-up work, the notes can be used as prediction covers. If you fold the notes right they can also be used like a set of Rice Papers for a coin fold.

I hope these ideas are useful to you!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Check out a small book put out by Steve Schrott.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Julian "Bev" Moore has an Ebook devoted entirely to Post-its - "Post Justify".

Barry
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Oh yes, I had forgotten about "Post Justify" - worth a look if you can find it!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
77 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
Josh Jay has a pen thru bill using a post it note in Magic The Complete Course.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
Kostya Kimlat has a great CD-ROM call "Post-It Prestidigitation"

http://www.kostyamagic.com/products/nocards.php

My favourite is the shopping list trick.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
It's possible to use a nail writer inside a Post-It note folded in four
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tricks with post it notes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL