The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Seeking way(s)to produce puff of smoke form Crystal Silk Cylinder? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
As a finish for my Holiday shows, I would like to perform a simple but visual silk blendo effect inside a large size Crystal silk cylinder to create the illusion of an 18 inch green and an 18 inch red silk transforming into a single green and red Christmas Banner that is 8 feet long (that displays the text "Merry Christmas" on it).

I do not wish to purchase a commercially built mini-ffogger for hundreds of dollars, not do I wish to use and dangerous chemicals, or dry ice.

I know the following method could work, but it is not very magical:

I could suspend a small and shallow metal cup inside the top portion of the silk cylinder's cover, and place a wad of slow burning cotton (bought form ThearteFX) inside this recessed cup , then after covering the two single silks that I want to "blend" into one silk, the opaque silk cylinder cover, I could simply drop a match in the top of the cylinder to ignite the smoke wad.Then lift the cover off and "voila".

I am also considering to purchase and rig up Lim's SSS cigarette type smoke generator, and perhaps this too would work --but I have read such negative reviews about this apparatus for close-up conditions, that I am not confident I could make it work effectively for my stage show Crystal Silk Cylinder/Blendo effect.

Perhaps there is also a miniature remote controlled apparatus that could be fixed to the inside top of the silk cylinder and be rigged up to remotely "shoot" a spray of confetti or silver dust sparkles into the air, so that it sprays up from the top of the cylinder cover instead of the smoke.

Other (and better) suggestions for either purchasing a pre-made apparatus or creating my own, would be greatly appreciated at this juncture. I am willing to pay in the range of approximately $25 to $125 at this point in time.

Please advise.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Good discussion, with some excellent suggestions and insights on this topic going on over at:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=26

Please visit and contribute , if you are so inclined. Smile

In retrospect, perhaps the FX section was not the right place for me to initially list this query.

Jonathan
Jonathan
mikewarner
View Profile
New user
US
100 Posts

Profile of mikewarner
What about using Pure Smoke or Vapr.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks Mije. But my new SSS smoke crystal silk cylinder works perfectly! Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Seeking way(s)to produce puff of smoke form Crystal Silk Cylinder? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL