The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnetic Airborne by Twister Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Beside the Red Bull and the Beer are priced at USD55, the others are priced at USD50.

Anyone bought this and would like to provide a review on them?

Don't know why the Red Bull and the Beer are priced at USD55, are they any difference to Cola and Fanta?

Any free international shipping from any dealers? : )
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Just received mine from Merchant of Magic smashed can ?? useless . Believe Twister magic had problems with the 3 year old in their packing department beware .DR
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
When I received mine it had dents and small bumps in the can. I contacted Twister Magic and they advised me that the weight inside the can casued the dents and bumps during shipping. They have sicne resolved teh problem. They are sending me a replacement can. They were very kind and helpful.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

Profile of georgeiglesias
Hello davidreadfearn,

don't worry you are completely covered with us! We carry a manufacturers warranty for all our products and for us, it is all about costumer service, it is our intention to provide you with great quality products and innovative ideas.

We apologize for this inconvenience, this is not a packing problem, we recently discover that due to transportation with DHL, some of the first cans sent have suffered little to small dents, due to the interior weight waving from one side to the other. They are not noticeable from a small distance, but they are from a close view. We have already fix that problem, by taping the magnet to his maximum lenght with a piece of tape, so the cans do not suffer anything during transportation. This will solve the problem plus that the box inside have been designed with interior cardboard to add extra protection.

We are always helpful and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. If you are so kind, please email us your full name and address to info@twistermagic.com and we will be more than happy to send you a new one for free

George Iglesias.
Twister Magic.com
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-24 05:45, davidredfearn wrote:
Just received mine from Merchant of Magic smashed can ?? useless . Believe Twister magic had problems with the 3 year old in their packing department beware .DR

Hello,

I did not noticed you say smashed can? So you really mean smashed, crumple? The box have been designed to fully protect the can and the glass in the interior with an extra specially designed cardboard piece that brings support to all pieces inside, which means that if the can is smashed, then the box and interior cardboard have to be smashed too and that will means that the carrier treat your package not properly. As explained in the post before, we were talking about little to small dents in the top part of the can.

Problem have ben solved and we are here to help, please email us to info@twistermagic.com and we will take care of you with no problem.

We want everybody to experience in a great way our products.

Sincerely yours,

George Iglesias.
Twister Magic.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Twister Magic provides excellent customer service.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Any review of someone has this item ? Is is more easier to use than traditional Airborne ? I am just curious how easy to release the hook if using magnet. Any comments ?
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
I have a few questions.

1. Does the cola can match the cans that are sold in the Uk?

2. Should the can get dented over the course of time, is it possible to switch out the gimmick into another can? Does it show this on the dvd?

3. Can I use the glass in another effect afterwards, or is the top of the glass 'dirty' and so needs to be put out-of-sight after the effect?

4. Is it safe to drink from the can and glass afterwards or is it possible to swallow the gimmick by mistake?

5. Will the gimmick rust or flake over time?

6. When you take out the can, does it have to be opened already or can it be opened on stage?
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Oh dear not great service! Still no prop from date of order over 1 month now, no replies to e mails either?
DR
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Poor design dent and dings in can. Way overpriced for a beat up prop. Poor packaging as well. Save your money.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3667 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I got a replacement can from Twister magic to replace the slightly dented can I received from Penguin. It is my understanding that they corrected the packaging issue.
—Hakim, Loreweaver
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
I aint buying this until I get an answer to my questions.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Good decision
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-06 20:05, ku7uk3 wrote:
I have a few questions.

1. Does the cola can match the cans that are sold in the Uk?

2. Should the can get dented over the course of time, is it possible to switch out the gimmick into another can? Does it show this on the dvd?

3. Can I use the glass in another effect afterwards, or is the top of the glass 'dirty' and so needs to be put out-of-sight after the effect?

4. Is it safe to drink from the can and glass afterwards or is it possible to swallow the gimmick by mistake?

5. Will the gimmick rust or flake over time?

6. When you take out the can, does it have to be opened already or can it be opened on stage?

Hello ku7uk3, I will be happy to answer your questions:

1) The Cola can is made with the universal size soda can, which is 355 ml or 12 OZ, this is the size that have been always used worldwide and that is normally found around the world. Sometimes, specially in Europe they little soda cans, like miniatures, almost half the size of the regular can, 150 ml, but ours is the universal size 355 ml 12 OZ. About the design, we are using the classic coca cola can design, which means a red can that says Coca Cola from bottom to top and that have the classic stripe, no more.

2) No, with the right protection the can is made to last hundreds of performances, no the gimmick cannot be switched from one can to another, it is built in the can.

3) For what other effect do you want to use the glass? It is possible but depending on for what purpose. I don't know how familiar are you with airborne effects, but the glass is gimmicked on top so it cannot be examined. We have to remember this is not a close trick, although it can be seen from 2 feet away, it cannot be examined because the liquid that pours into the glass covers the gimmick.

4) Yes you can, it is impossible for the gimmick to come out of the can, it is built inside so no problem at all, the idea is that you perform the trick and at least take a sip from the glass (You can drink all the liquid from the glass if you wish)

5) No the gimmick is one solid piece, we recommend that you clean your unit with fresh water, every single time after the performance since specially coca cola is very corrosive and contains sugar, but no problem.

6) The can is ready to pour anytime you want, but you can easily mimic the action of opening the can if you wish.

Hope this answer your questions, if anything in particular, do not hesitate in contact us directly to our email: sales@twistermagic.com and we will be more than happy to help you with any questions about the product.

Best regards and thanks for your interest.

George Iglesias.
Twister Magic
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-09 05:50, davidredfearn wrote:
Oh dear not great service! Still no prop from date of order over 1 month now, no replies to e mails either?
DR

Hello David,

You are not stating the true. We have copy of all the emails back and forth with you and we think it is not acceptable to come on here and say things are not true at all, even when we kindly not only offer our help, but HELP you by shipping a new unit for free.

Lets begin by saying that you NEVER placed and order with us. Lets be very clear, so do not say: "Still no prop from date to order" Because you NEVER placed and order with us. You did purchase the product from a local magic dealer in the UK (That is a completely different story and differs from your statement). And the product was shipped from them and received by you at the regular time, so you did receive your order from the, but still we offered you help.

Lets continue by saying that as soon as we were informed that you have an issue with your unit, you were contacted by our Customer Service manager Carlos Rodriguez to offer you help. Apparently the issue here was that the can suffered during travel due to the first problems with the weight inside, problem that was immediately solved for the new badge of units in the market. (I have explained this issue in previous posts, it is and esthetic issue cause by the interior weight, that was originated only in some units, causing little to small dents in the outside of the can), just a esthetic issue, not a functional issue. But as you know we offer a manufacturers warranty for all our items, and if there is any problems with any of the units, we will replace them for free, it is our policy and for what we stand, we want all magicians to have great to wonderful experiences with our products.

You were complaining with Carlos about the bad experience you had dealing with your local magic shop, however we remind you that we are a Manufacturing company, we have NO control over magic shops worldwide and the way they treat their customers, we listen to your claim and offered you a perfect solution without having to deal with your local magic shop anymore, the solution was to send you a new can for free to UK, which we did on October 25th, so you can have two cans instead of one and keep the other one as a replacement.

Carlos email you back two days ago with no answers from you. We hope that by know you have your new unit with you and that you can start enjoying your product. If you haven't received your unit by now, it have to be a post office or customs problem, please make sure that you contact us directly to info@twistermagic.com so we can take care of you.

It is also important to mention, that at the beginning on this thread, you wrote a post saying that you receive from your local dealer a can that was smashed, however when contacted you about the issue you correct your words and regrets saying that you did not use the right word, that they were little dents instead.

We wish to serve all our customers in the best way possible, we will go the extra mile for our customers and offer you solutions promptly if needed, but we also believe that we should be honest when saying things.

All the best.

George Iglesias.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
As you correctly state you have all our correspondence , you will now have an e-mail saying keep your prop I just cannot bother with your deceit anymore . So many false promises . I wish you well but enough is enough.

I only wanted this prop for a one off show, I wouldn't normally go for this it looked very cheap, the glass looked like a child's toy .

Sorry it didn't work out
Best DR

Just to clear one thing up for completeness saying something in an e-mail as you have done on four occasions doesn't equal doing it ? I could say I am going to send you a million pounds ! I never will though you are like my third wife promise everything but never deliver, you may want to consider this with future complaints

Hope this helps DR
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-28 06:40, davidredfearn wrote:
As you correctly state you have all our correspondence , you will now have an e-mail saying keep your prop I just cannot bother with your deceit anymore . So many false promises . I wish you well but enough is enough.

I only wanted this prop for a one off show, I wouldn't normally go for this it looked very cheap, the glass looked like a child's toy .

Sorry it didn't work out
Best DR

Just to clear one thing up for completeness saying something in an e-mail as you have done on four occasions doesn't equal doing it ? I could say I am going to send you a million pounds ! I never will though you are like my third wife promise everything but never deliver, you may want to consider this with future complaints

Hope this helps DR

One more lie from you... Again we have copy of all the correspondence with you, tracking number of a new unit sent for free to you. (Even when you are NOT our customer and you did NOT buy the item from us, as a manufacturing company we want to have all our customers happy, and if you have a problem with your can, we ship you one for FREE)

We are tired of this. We were very polite to you at all moments, never using nasty words as you did in your emails, and still understand your frustration with your local magic shop, who you say mistreated you and not offer you help.

We not only say things on an email, we fulfill our word and sent you a new unit for free, even we accept to ship you the Beer can, per your request, when the model you bought was a soda model, because you ask for it instead.

We are a very serious company and we wish to deal with serious people too, however that is not always possible in the business. You have demonstrate who you are. We not only offer help but we did send you a new unit for free, due to some esthetic issues in your can, we also even send you a replacement of a different model that you request, and all of that for free!

We now understand why the local magic shop says you are a difficult person.

It is hard to please people that don't even know what they want for their show, the glass is a polycarbonate plastic glass, it has always been like that as shown in the demos, what you get it is exactly as it shows on the video demo, a ploy carbonate glass, that is unbreakable for durability and that it looks perfectly like a normal glass, so please don't come on here and try to surprise people, what were you expecting a wine or champagne glass?

As you said enough is enough, end of discussion.

Wish you all the best!
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
85 Posts

By the way my friends,

Enter the positive vibes area:

The Red Bull and Beer models are now available in the market thru your favorite magic shop worldwide!!! Magic shops contact Murphys Magic Supplies

http://www.murphysmagic.com/search.aspx?t=130

As always when purchasing a Twister Magic product, we want to remind you that you are fully covered with our MANUFACTURER´S WARRANTY, so if anything is wrong with your item, we will replace it for free. Please feel free to contact us at sales@twistermagic.com

From our company we wish you all Happy Holidays and a wonderful 2014, full of good vibes and wonderful magic experiences for you all!!!

George Iglesias.
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
I purchased this effect after George answered some of my concerns, and I finally had a look at the effect today. Here are my thoughts.

To begin with, this is the best Airborne method ever. If you are ever planning on doing this trick, this is the model to go for. If you look up my post history, you will see I was looking into this effect for years and have owned many incarnations. This version removes many of the problems associated with all the other methods. Having said that, its not without its minor problems which will be mentioned below. But for now, this is the version of the effect that I will use in my show.

So lets begin the review.

The negative:

1. The very top of the can is a little 'dirty'. This effect isn't really a close-up trick, so it should never be a problem. Its a cabaret, parlour and stage effect. But anyone looking down on top of the can in a very critical way may notice the pouring hole being covered up. They do address this issue on the dvd, and offer a solution which sort-off works. My prefreence is to take one of the gimmicks from 'cansposed' (by David Penn) and stick that on top to hide everything. But either way, its a very minor issue which I'm only mentioning for completeness of the review.

2. The can is thin aluminium. I persume this was a real drink can at some stage of its life. But it means the can is weak. It can be crushed, easily. This is a more serious issue for regular performers of the effect, especially when the can is empty as when you de-attach the gimmick from the glass, the natural tendancy is to hold it against the can (as stated in the instruction), but doing so will cause you to crush the can slightly. As long as you don't squeze too much, you should be able to squeeze the dent back out. But I can imagine after twenty performances, the state of the can will be rough.
I don't know how the design of the can will last, with it getting scratched in transit and all that. I cant imagine it lasting too long.

My initial thoughts are to use it for as long as possible, and when it really does look like it has ended its life, use a can-opener (tin-opener) that cuts below the lid line and remove the entire top of the can (with the gimmick in toe). The gimmick is drilled in, so removing the entire top I think would be the easiest route. Then do the same to another can and glue the two parts together.

3. There is no lid on the can. If your planning on transporting this to your gigs, your going to have to fill it up at the gig, which isn't going to be easy. As mentioned earlier, the pouring hole is covered which makes filling the can a slow and steady process. This cant be done at most shows unnoticed and will require you going to the toilets at the venue. This trick would really benefit by having a lid on the can to secure the liquid inside for transport. So you can arrive at the venue fully prepared already.

4. Pouring the liquid into the can is a hassle. The holes at the top are purposely small, which means it takes a long time for any liquid to drain in. Since your having to set-this up before every show, it would benefit by coming with a purposely made funnel that fits the hole. Instead, its a bit of a balancing act to fill the can and is not something I will be able to do before all my kids shows without soaking everything while doing it.

The good:

1. Everything is hidden inside the can and glass. Unlike other versions of this trick, there is no unnatural sprout sticking out the bottle. There is no hook hanging from the lid. Everything is hidden so that it looks very natural.

2. The magnetic connect and disconnect is flawless. It appears to work perfectly every time. I do have my concerns when doing the disconnect on how long the wire will last. But in theory, it will last longer than the can.

3. The dvd instructions covers everything and is very nice to finally see how it should be done.

4. The glass is plastic, and almost indestructible. It uses the cross wire system for the top for a more reliable connection. Its frosted, so the wire and magnet at the top is almost invisible. The magnet is black so while it can be seen, the audience has no reason to look for it, so it should never be noticed.

5. You could drink the liquid from the glass safely, and even from the can. However there are gimmicks in both, so a moderate of common sense must be used when doing this to ensure that all nessersary parts are kept away from your mouth when doing this.

Overall impressions:

This is the best version of this trick to date. But, if the mechanism was transferred to a bottle with a screw-on lid, that would be the best version ever as it means I could arrive at the booking ready to go, and not have to worry about spilling liquids and setting things up before each performance.

If you planning on doing a stage show, then the setting up isn't such as issue. Most of my shows however are children's and I don't usually have the opportunity to do this.

As it stands, this is still the best version of airborne ever made, but its not an instant reset and does take some preparation time before each performance which means it wont make it as a regular feature of my show.

However I will not sell it, and will treasure its place on my shelf. I will perform it whenever I can, and it will look great for a video promo or tv trick.
I will look around for a cylinder plastic container to protect the can and glass during transport and will research into lids for cans in hope that it will address my other issue.

But if you ever wanted to perform this effect with normal looking items, a sure-fire connect and disconnect, and peace of mind that the trick will work. Then this is the version to get.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree I love mine.I have the sprite version
so I just use water.And their's no mess to wash out.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magnetic Airborne by Twister Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL