The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
danbastianelli
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of danbastianelli
Simple as this,

What is your favourite coin effect on the market today?

No arguments just opinions please that would be great

Thankyou
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Alchemic Fantasy
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My most magical, is coin vanishes or changes just waving your hand over it, immediately showing the hand empty...

Doug
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quantum bender
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Two Copper/One Silver (with faux Chinese Coin) ala Doc Eason.

Julie
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
My Personal Favorites:
(A) Cylinder and Coins (Carney, but when Eric Mead finishes his book on Tim Conover then I'd like to add some of the finesse from studying Conover's routine)
(B) Dean Dill's "Explosion"
(C) Dean's Triangle
(D) Kenner's "SuperFly"
(E) Quantum Bender (although I don't really consider it a coin trick, but rather a strange thing that happens to utilize a convenient object which happens to be a coin)

All-Time Greatest:
Armando Lucero's "Coin Menagerie" and Dave Roth's "Shell Coins Across"

Best Strolling Workers:
Hopping Half, Scotch & Soda, and Lethal Tender

Coin Tricks I use the Most on a Daily Basis:
3-Fly and a One-Coin Routine
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
It's the one some stuff is said and that thing happens... and the audience goes.... "WHOA".
I am 99% positive it is in one of the Apocalypse issues. Look it up... when you find it PM me and I'll give you some updated tips on it.

;)
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Hmm.

My top ten fav's (in no particular order)

1)Shake & Bake (Sankey) followed by 3 coins across (Roth - shell)
2) Cross Of India (Ammar)
3) Bent penny transposition (Ammar)
4) Flying eagles (Ammar)
5) 41 cent Miracle (Ammar)
6) Puncture
7) Bite-off Coin
8) Expansion Of Texture (Ammar)
9) Misdirection with coins and silk --> Bottle Production (David Stone - Real Secrets of Magic)
10) Matrix (Ammar or various others)

**you can find many of these on Ammar's Easy To Master Monry Miracles.**
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
My two favorite coin effects of all time are David Roth's Funnel and the effect of his with the little world globe, the name of which escapes me for the moment. Just wonderful constructions of mystifying and magical enchantment.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Very hard to compare what is the best coin trick out there - too many variables, and too many variations. So, I will post what routines I saw that gave me the best sense of wonder. First, Al Goshman's salt shaker routine. That was the most magical thing I ever saw. Second, the first time I saw John Mendoza perform Spellbound back in the 70's. For a beginning coin magician, that was pure magic. Third, in terms of coin performance, watching Roth do The
Sleeve. Of my own routines, I find that the biggest sens of wonderment comes from doing the Coins Through Table.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Coins Through The Table and Al Schneider's classic Matrix.

Jim
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Dean Dill--Coins, Silk and Glass. And his No Extras.

David Williamson--Floating Assembly

John Carney--Silver and Glass

Justin Miller-Neo Matrix
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
The Miser's Dream is the best, because it actually means something to people. It's meaning is universal, and doesn't depend on language, the color of the coins or even what's used for currency - nuts, shells or beads would all work fine, also credit cards. The point is, the magician can pluck currency from the air; make money out of nothing. Everyone who plays the lottery dreams about that all day long.

Coins going through something, changing into something, disappearing or moving around, or gathering under cards are all fine tricks, but if you could really do magic, you'd do the miser's dream.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Top three:

Lethal Tender
Matrix
Coins Across (Wilson's, with a few of my own touches added in)
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I will follow the way Doc goes here as to all this...

The most magical coin effects I've ever seen is probably Sylvester The Jester's, Sylvester Pitch Routine, the most dynamic coin effect I've come across. Also, I have to mention Mickey Silver here and his remarkable coin routines using his brilliant SUV. Uncanny!

As to me, well there are so many great and greater routines out there but I like to do my "ReVisiTed," it just has a little of everything in it that I like to do as to an on-the-spot coin effect. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
John Ramsay's Cylindeer and coins
Armando Lucero's Coin Menagery
David Roth's Tuning Fork
Paul Gertner's Coins to the spectator's hand (and Craig Petty's variant between two spectators' hands)
Al Schneider's Cross Cards
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Goshman's Say please...the salt & pepper and coins...

Vallarino's Champagne act..that had coins and much more..

Both are available on video.

I do pieces only from them, putting them in the context of my own character.

Basic matrix....is not so basic..when done well.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-10-21 05:05, charlie_d wrote:
The Miser's Dream is the best, because it actually means something to people. It's meaning is universal, and doesn't depend on language, the color of the coins or even what's used for currency - nuts, shells or beads would all work fine, also credit cards. The point is, the magician can pluck currency from the air; make money out of nothing. Everyone who plays the lottery dreams about that all day long.

Coins going through something, changing into something, disappearing or moving around, or gathering under cards are all fine tricks, but if you could really do magic, you'd do the miser's dream.

Well, of these "What is the best?" posts, THIS ONE caught my attention!

Everyone has contributed some great thinking! --perhaps a bit subjective, but nevertheless this thread has been worth reading!

I've been doing the MISERS DREAM since 1946. The routine has evolved over the years, getting ever stronger. For the past 40 years, it has been the next to closing for the high school audiences, and CLOSING for the elementary and primary groups. --For these younger groups, it is so strong, that I cannot follow it. (and the teenagers enjoy it, too.)

It evolved from the TARBELL routine. For a couple of teenage years, having learned the Downs P**m, I tried to be 'swayve & deboner". (Ha! at 19!?!) THAT didn't last! In a year or two, I realized that (as T. Nelson Downs had said, long ago) THE ENTERTAINMENT IS IN THE PRODUCTION OF COINS FROM THE SPECTATOR'S (in my case, for the most part, kids) EARS, NOSES, etc. --And, that's what I do, today!

"DE GUSTIBUS NON EST DISPUTANDUM" (is an old Latin proverb meaning: "Concerning tastes, we cannot argue". so, I aint gonna argue with youse guys. But, I'll stick to (maybe, I'm "stuck with" the Aerial Treasury as the best coin trick!

Hey Charlie_d! I guess it's you and me, "against them guys!" (HEE HEE)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
danbastianelli
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of danbastianelli
I appreciate everybody's opinions as equally as the other but my favourite is still misers dream. Every effect on this thread is good and special in it's own way but misers dream is by far the closest to real magic out of all.

Keep the suggestions coming!
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
My favourite is one that blew ME away, when I first saw it,.
...and the second time,..
, and third time, as well.
And one that blows OTHERS away, when I do it.

Honestly,.. I haven´t seen so much,.
and I can do even LESS,..
but,
Marion Boykin´s Crimp Change.
,..nöö Gaffs. nööö Gimmicks.
Literally IN THE FACE,..
for ALL to see.

I play the Streets.
Everyday folks.
Every day.
This is easily my favourite,
..and theirs(!).

gallagher,..
shakin´ his hands in the wind.
(Thanks Marion.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is the best coin effect out there? (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL