The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wand Spins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
What is the flashiest wand spin you know? Mine would be the kick spin.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Well there is also the Vernon wand spin as well as some of the wand spins I use myself which derive from being a drummer and having played for years.

I like to use them in close-up or walk- around magic to add a certain flare to the piece. It also can be used for great misdirection as is used for a Williamson strike vanish.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Daryl,
Whatever you pick I sure it will look wanderful:)!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
I've never thought of wand flourishes! I feel like a fool. Besides watching some old Kiss videos-where do I look for ideas on this?
drink water...
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Michael Ammar and the late Mike Rodgers both teach the Vernon Wand Spin. That I know of.

This can be found on the Steven's Greater Magic teach-in video for cups and balls.

You can also read up on the Vernon wand spin in The Magic of Michael Ammar.

It has the correct instructions. Vernon's book by Lewis Ganson described it incorrectly.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The wand spin is explained briefly in The Complete Cups and Balls volume 2 by Michael Ammmar. It's a beautiful flourish even if you don't use it for the vanish!
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Ammar also teaches the Striking Vanish, the Drummers spin, & the Mora/ Vernon Spin Vanish on his Cups DVD's/Book.

I'm not an expert, but have not seen any other documentation on wand spins in my magic books. I'd contact your local band director at your local High School. They may be able to pass you along to some good reading.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Just for documentation sake, the Michael Ammar spin is actually an explanation of the spin Vernon used in his Cups and Balls routine for vanishing a ball. Vernon adapted the move from Silent Mora, who used the move with a fan rather than a wand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wand Spins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL