The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone tried Neatdesk scanner? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was thinking about trying out the Neatdesk scanner to scan my receipts. Anyone tried it yet?
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I haven't tried that device, but if you have a smartphone, you can use an app called "camscanner" to scan documents and turn them to pdf's. Also, the free accounting software that I use called "wave accounting" has a smartphone app specifically for scanning receipts and linking them to transactions in your bank account.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I've been using Neatdesk for neatly two years now. Love It! No more piles of unfiled receipts, letters, business cards, contracts...you name it. Everything is searchable. Next to my Xerox color laser printer, Best office investment I ever made.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Dave and Skip Way. It is time for me to scan my receipts.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Mike Bent turned me on to this device and I love it! You'll be happy you bought it AND it's deductible!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I got a question. Imagine you buy an object from Best Buy. You scan the original receipt with Neatdesk. You next throw the original receipt away. You want to return the item you purchased to get a refund a week later. Will the bar code from the original receipt be on the receipt you made a copy of so Best Buy can scan it? Or you must still keep the original receipts?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I think it depends on the store policy. I keep my receipts for warrantied items stapled to the warranty card and filed...just in case. I use the scanned receipts for tax and bookkeeping. Keep in mind that NeatDesk isn't used just for receipts. I scan all of my new magic instructions, CD and DVD covers, contracts, and more intosearchable folders. It makes finding a certain song, effect, or instruction SO much easier to find when planning new shows.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Question for my U.S. friends, if you are audited will Uncle Sam accept digital copies of your expense receipts?? Or do you still have to keep them stashed away in case?

Blair
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Blair,

Yes, the IRS will accept digital copies/scans of receipts.

Sincerely,
David
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thanks David,

I hope your Halloween season at the park is going well!

Blair
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Blair,

No problem! And, thank you! Yes, things have been going very well.

Hope things are great with you, too!!

Sincerely,
David
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will be receiving mine today.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Is this the item you are talking about? http://www.neat.com/products/neatdesk
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yes it is Charlie.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
This is a GREAT Product but there is one downfall that I have not seen mentioned. If you have to return an item to the Store that you purchased a Warranty for the product or if the product is under the Manufactures Warranty you must produce an "ORIGINAL" Receipt no Copies. That for me does not encourage me to spend $ 300.00-$ 400.00 on a Scanner. Yes it is much more than a Regular Scanner but a lot of the items I purchase I usually purchase a Warranty. For example my 3 Year Old Washing Machine went out but I purchased a 5-Year Warranty and I needed to have my "ORIGINAL" Receipt. My Air Compressor also blew up literally and was under Warranty and again I needed the "ORIGINAL" Receipt. The last thing that happened in the last 5 days was my Wife's Remote Starter quit working and here again I needed to produce the "ORIGINAL" Receipt. And most items come with at least a 90 day or 1-year warranty and require the actual receipt.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Agreed, Rodney. I use my NeatDesk Scanner to organize and save my receipts for business and tax purposes. I always staple the original receipt to my warranty card and file it with the owner manual. That way, it's readily available should I need it. I also scan all magic effect instruction sheets into searchable PDFs. I scan invoices, purchase orders, contracts, and other documents. This scanner isn't just about receipts...it's a full document storage, organizing, and retrieval system.

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You gave me a lot of ideas Skip.

I scanned my first item last night. It is fast.

Does it automatically puts receipts in the right folders after a certain folder is created?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Mike, Once the scan pops up on screen, you check the data boxes to insure everything was scanned properly, then you assign...or create... the folder you want the image and data saved in. The beauty of the NeatDesk is that it automatically scans and saves the OCR data as well as the image. For example, It will scan business cards straight into your Contacts.

David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Mike,

It will put the receipts in whatever folder is selected before scanning. So, just group your receipts together by category and you'll fly through scanning them!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I tried that, David, but the data was often skewed. I found it easier to verify then file. Takes a bit longer, but saves me time in Quickbooks.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone tried Neatdesk scanner? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL