The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello people (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
Hi. I have been dabbling with magic since I was a kid but I've now concentrated on card magic. I just enjoy the simple and disarming nature of cards. They seem so innocent but I am finding out that so many things can be done to them. I've learned and borderline mastered some card moves like forces, glimpses, card controls and false shuffles/cuts. I've been lurking here for sometime now and I thought I would finally contribute.

Can I ask a question? In my playing around with cards, I have come up with some stuff. Some moves that I haven't seen anywhere else. Where can I post them here? I am sure someone else invented them already before and I just stumbled on to them myself. I was just wondering and hoping that I might have come up with something original and it can be called my move. Thank you.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome budja,

I'm not sure just posting your stuff is such a good idea. If you did come up with something new (which I'll admit is unlikely) it could become someone else's really fast. Take your time and get to know a few of the people in "The Workers" . Then asking a few people to view your stuff through a PM (private message) could be better.

Good luck! I have reinvented a couple of things myself. Although it can be disheartening to find out it is not original to you, it does not negate benefits that really thinking about Magic and the creative process have on your brain.

-Mary Mowder
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
Thank you Mary. I highly doubt myself that I invented something but I will research more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello people (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL