The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OCD Deck by Andrew Gerard and SansMinds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You got that right Marc! In addtion there are so many routines that can be done besides the one shown in the trailer. Certainly not a one trick pony.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 13:02, EZrhythm wrote:
You got that right Marc! In addtion there are so many routines that can be done besides the one shown in the trailer. Certainly not a one trick pony.

:D !!
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Truth or Dare
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Truth or Dare
My own sources from beyond say.............

The OCD Deck will be a $35 lead balloon to carry around. The Brainwave is a better choice!
ThreeDiamonds
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ThreeDiamonds
I bought it, and I really like it!
This the review I posted on Penguin Magic:
"The OCD Deck is a surprisingly versatile item. Many have decried it as a one trick pony, but after owing the deck for three days, I have already created three completely different illusions. My favourite is an Oil and Water routine that ends with the whole deck separating. I am sure I will find many more uses for this deck in the days to come. My only gripe with this item is the truly awful instructional DVD. It clocks in at ten minutes, is hosted by a very annoying magician, and offers only one routine and a completely useless variation on it. I would certainly give this five stars, if only the DVD had been more in-depth. But don't get me wrong - if you are OK with using a gimmicked deck given the right performance situation, buy this! 4/5 Stars"
ThreeDiamonds
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ThreeDiamonds
I watched the Wizard Product Review of the OCD Deck and was surprised to see that Craig gave it only 20%. The next week he gave Oil Over Troubled Water - a full deck Oil and Water - 82%. The OCD Deck can be used to perform the exact same effect! The only difference is that with the OCD Deck you use the faces as opposed to the backs, which I think seems more natural anyways. The issue with the OCD Deck is the truly awful instructional DVD which barely scratches the surface of what the deck can do. Just goes to show the importance of a good DVD to go along with a gimmick!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 15:46, ThreeDiamonds wrote:
I watched the Wizard Product Review of the OCD Deck and was surprised to see that Craig gave it only 20%. The next week he gave Oil Over Troubled Water - a full deck Oil and Water - 82%. The OCD Deck can be used to perform the exact same effect! The only difference is that with the OCD Deck you use the faces as opposed to the backs, which I think seems more natural anyways. The issue with the OCD Deck is the truly awful instructional DVD which barely scratches the surface of what the deck can do. Just goes to show the importance of a good DVD to go along with a gimmick!

The issue with the OCD Deck is the truly awful instructional DVD which barely scratches the surface of what the deck can do. Just goes to show the importance of a good DVD to go along with a gimmick!

Hit the nail on the head there,could not agree more.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
We're creative performers, we can deal with it. On with the thinking caps!

I see this deck as a great utility for; Oil and Water, Monte routines, ACAAN, Signed Card to New Deck Order and many other NDO routines, Cards Across / Travelers / Assemblies, Poker hand deals, etc. This lead balloon is flying!

Cool, if Craig gave it only 20% then that means less performers using it. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
On the other hand BOOOOO to Sans Minds for placing 30 minutes of infomercial and trailer on the DVD but only 10 minutes pertaining to the deck.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Well, the DVD is useless;
Everyone should know what they're getting

You're paying $40 for a gimmicked deck.

But as said above, the possibilities are endless.
I'm going to pick this up, not for the routine
but for what I can do with the individual cards
ThreeDiamonds
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ThreeDiamonds
Just came up with a sweet Out of this World effect with half the OCD Deck and half a regular deck. I love this thing.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OCD Deck by Andrew Gerard and SansMinds (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL