The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Beginner Finger Ring Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bande
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Bande
I am a hobbyist looking to getting into rings. In cards I can do a DL, EC, some basic controls but nothing fancy. In coins a basic FD and an ok RV. So for that level of skill looking to get either (a) Ring Thing (Thomas), (b) Ring Leader (Wilson) or (c) World's Greatest Ring Magic DVD. Might get more than1 but which one to start with?

Thanks, in advance Smile
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
519 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I have Ring Leader and Collateral. Both are excellent. Ring leader gives you multiple options (moves) for getting a ring on and off a rope/string, as long as you are good at putting your favorite moves together into a routine. Collateral , on the other hand, gives you insight into exactly how and why the routine works and how it builds to a suitable climax. Both highly recommended.
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10767 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Relentless ring and string by bob Miller
a excellent routine with a finger ring.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Bande
Thanks guys.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1801 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
In my opinion, if you are fortunate enough to be able to find and obtain a copy of Earl Nelson's "Variations", you will find two MAGNIFICENT Ring bits that will serve you well throughout your life in Magic.

Clifton's Ring Move, by itself, is "worth the price of admission" for this book.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I would say RAY GRISMERS RING AND ROPE ROUTINES, if you can find it. I would suggest also gregory wilson. gives you enough effects and diversaty in effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Beginner Finger Ring Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL