The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Whats the weirdest food you've ever eaten? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1309 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Deep fried crickets would be the weirdest I’ve had. Of course here in Finland we have some traditional foods that might be too "exotic" for some. Like Mämmi, which is a dark brown porridge made of water and sweetened rye malt. It is baked in a slow oven in cardboard boxes and it honestly looks like the aftermath of a bunch of burritos and too many beers, though smells better. And is actually quite good.
Sent from my Typewriter
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1265 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Let's see here. I have had opossum, squirrel, rattlesnake (kind of flaky but still tough), alligator (best reptile I ever did eat), elk, buffalo, rabbit, a friend's mystery meat (afraid to ask), biscuits that had to be broken open with a rock but were nice and fluffy on the inside (the shell could be put together when I was done and still resembled a biscuit), ramen noodle soup, and my father's Leftover Stew (that will put fear into the hearts of the most hardened of people). That's about all I can think of.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
I was at lunch, freshman year, and there was this apple which for some reason everyone decided to cover in everything gross at the table. A bunch of people spit on it too, and I ate a big bite out of it. :/

Oh, and I licked dry-erase marker off of a white board once for lunch money.

Never again.

James
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I would have to say Deep Fried Oreos,
Yummmmm! I can just taste the oil now. LOL.
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Cod tongues, Chicken's feet, and some sausage in France once that was made out of small intestines and heavily peppered (I didn't ask where the intestines came from).
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Im trying deep fried oreos tonight! Thanks for the idea Smile

James
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5079 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Many years ago I was testing Whale Meat. I didn't like it, its stinks like ****. Never again.
I was very close to eat goat testicles in Crete. But, When I understand what the balls on my plate was I was almost going to vomit...
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
At a restaurant, I ate roasted kangaroo served wrapped up in the very thin bark of a paper tree while in Melbourne, Australia. It was good!

I also have eaten cooked cow heart in a Peruvian restaurant in Washington, D.C. It was very spicy, but very good. I don't know how to spell the name of the Peruvian dish, but it is pronounced An-Dee-Koo-Cho (or something like that). Any Peruvian Café members know what I'm talking about??
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I had a kangaroo burger on a recent trip to Amsterdam. Mind you, at the time I would've eaten anything........
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
Let's see,

I was served cat in an indian restaurant once. That's not what they said it was, but they made the mistake of leaving the bones in the meat. It sure as heck wasn't any part of a chicken (chickens don't have shoulder blades). That narrowed it down to cat or rabbit, and there's no reason they would substitute rabbit, a more expensive meat, for chicken.

Horse sausage

live Mealworms and crickets (for a performance)

live shellfish that I believe are called razor clams in english, though I'm not sure.

half a lamb's head with the brains still in it (They tied string around it to keep the brains in and grilled the whole thing over an open fire)

Kangaroo, Ostrich, Alligator

Birdfood (it tastes a bit like granola)

Javalina (pronounced ha vuh lee nuh) - an animal native to the southwest U.S. that looks like a wild boar, but that is actually a rodent and has stink sacks like a skunk. The smell is similar to that of a skunk, though not as strong. Very tough stringy meat.

Those are the more interesting ones.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I went to what is known as Snake Alley in Taipei and ate the snakes heart fresh out of the snake while still beating. They say it is good for your love life and except for the fact that the girl was really impressed and took me home it didn't taste like anything.
Otherwise Alligator (I agree the best reptile) Ostrich ( The best bird) and some pigs blood and rice thing they served up in Taipei also but that was actually not bad.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I forgot to mention I had Kangaroo and it was horribly prepared and I didn't eat it again for months. Anything if well prepared is tasty or exciting.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2004-01-09 18:07, JesterMan wrote:
Even having eaten that, and stuff (who knows what all), in the back alleys of Taipei, the oddest to me was cow's tongue. It has a different taste than other beef items I've had, and the feel of taste buds on taste buds... like French kissing a heifer.

LOOL!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Gator, Rattle Snake, Ostrich (Burger), Buffalo (Burger) mmmm, many Moose (Steaks)...all pretty good. The Odd ball and absolutely HORRIBLE was Whale. Cooked by some Eskimos home style. ARRRRRRRRRG. Tasted like a mouth full of Oil soaked rags, the worst thing on the planet. I shiver to remember. Think of sucking Gasoline out of the tank only it is rubbery and slimey...BARFolicious!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
100 day eggs. Take an egg, bury it in the ground for 3 months, did it up an eat it, yummmmmm. This beat some of the stuff we had to eat during survival school. Protein is protein ...
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
614 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have had these also: Gator, Ostrich (Burger), Buffalo (Burger), Caribou jerky

I once swallowed a fly, on accident.

My sister's husband ate a praying mantis when he was younger, it was a dare...

A guy at my old work place used to bring in peanut butter and mayonaise sandwiches.

I eat cottage cheese with ketchup on it (it is really good).
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Whats the weirdest food you've ever eaten? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL