The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Buzz Lawrence Gumball Magi-Chine (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez

I have always been fascinated with translocation effects which began with Coin Nests and Lippincott boxes. Over the years I collected the most practical sets on the market but somehow remained oblivious to the concept of gumball machines until this summer. Since then I have collected most of the commercially available machines with the exception of the machines sold by Collector's Workshop and Ray Lum because of cost. I acquired Joe Givan's, John Sterlini's, Ray Logan's and most recently Buzz Lawrence's Magi-Chine. All of which are slightly different but work faithfully and perform wonderfully.

I must; however, give credit where it is due and offer accolades and praise to the Magi-Chine for the subtle yet noteworthy enhancements I recognized immediately. After removing the top, I discovered a swiveling handle which makes lifting the globe and accessing the coin bucket a breeze. Also, the side panels on the globe can be slid out and removed for convenient cleaning. Finally, it is the only machine I own with a removable gimmick allowing it to be easily converted from a magical stage prop to a standard operating vending machine in mere minutes. I love all of my children Smile but if you are shopping on a budget, this rendition might be the best value for the money without sacrificing quality. I am very happy with the purchase of my Magi-Chine and cannot say enough good things about it. Comes highly recommended.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Hi Richard,

This sounds pretty cool. I've been looking into a ending for a ring grinder and this seems right up my alley.

Could you PM me where I could look into getting more information about this? google has disappointed me haha

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Richard,
A quick google search came up with very little. Can you share who sells it and what it cost's. also of all the machines you own, which loads the easiest.

Thanks Dave
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Apologies for excluding the most important part - the contact information. The proprietor Buzz Lawrence (Howie Diddit) can be found here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=48650

All machines load very easily. Three out of the four machines I own were made from Oak brand vending machines and load from the back. John Sterlini's was made from a Beaver brand vending machine and loads from the top.

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/A_Ring%20Grinder%202013.htm Chance Wolf's Ultimate Ring Grinder comes highly recommended as well.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
The compatibility with Wolf's ring grinder was my next question.

Thanks Richard!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-10-29 21:40, Nadzri.Harif wrote:
The compatibility with Wolf's ring grinder was my next question.

Thanks Richard!

Yes, the Wolf Ring Grinder is 100% compatible and works perfectly with the Gumball Machine

To answer the next question...

The gumball machine is available through magic dealers from Murphy's Magic and may be ordered from any dealer that buys from Murphy's.

The machine is called the RING-A-DING Gumball Machine.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Can't find it at Murphys site to read about it..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I have already placed our order with Murphy's for this item. According to our source there this will be available very soon... Hocus Pocus will have the Gumball Machine and were very excited to be able to offer this to our customers.. . Watch our website for details...

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
To everyone that is interested in the gumball machine. Murphy's Magic is now distributing the gumball machine and only available through dealers that purchase from Murphy's Magic.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52641
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

Just received our shipment this morning. This is well made and easy to perform. If you've ever wanted to perform the Ring In Gumball this is one that you should seriously consider.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Penguin has Buzz Lawrence's Ring in Gumball Machine

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16329
fsharp
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of fsharp
Hello, I have just found this old post. I am very interested in this Gumboil Machine. Being outside of the U.S, do I still have to use american coins in the machine?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, fsharp wrote:
Hello, I have just found this old post. I am very interested in this Gumboil Machine. Being outside of the U.S, do I still have to use american coins in the machine?

Buzz is quite helpful in discussing ANY aspect of this machine. He's great, as is his product. PM him directly for any info.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I have had great success and dependability with Buzz Lawrence's Gumball Magi-Chine and Wolf's Magic Ring Grinder for almost a year now.
Buzz went way beyond the call of duty when it came to customer service.

Eric
fsharp
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of fsharp
Sounds great, I am going to PM him now...
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Just curious
Is the Magi-Chine the same as the Ring in Gumball Machine?
Or is one an improvement?

Thank you!

Mike
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
In case anyone stumbles across this... I got my answer.

I contacted the man himself... Buzz Lawrence, the creator of this. The effect/gumball machine has NOT changed since the beginning when Buzz first made it. The name has ONLY changed when Murphy's started distributing it.

I bought one.
It truly is an excellent effect! Love it!!!!

As stempleton (above post) mentions... Buzz is awesome! if you do have questions, contact him.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2019, mikenewman wrote:
In case anyone stumbles across this... I got my answer.

I contacted the man himself... Buzz Lawrence, the creator of this. The effect/gumball machine has NOT changed since the beginning when Buzz first made it. The name has ONLY changed when Murphy's started distributing it.

I bought one.
It truly is an excellent effect! Love it!!!!

As stempleton (above post) mentions... Buzz is awesome! if you do have questions, contact him.

I also just bought one and I am loving mine as well! Hoping to review it on my YouTube channel soon!
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Could someone post the exact measurements? I want to compare them with our german ones...
example:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze......34-21510
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I just posted a review of Buzz Lawrence’s Ring In Gumball Machine! I bought this with my own money so it is truly an unbiased review Smile

https://youtu.be/Y2cOaatxe5I

Best,
Tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Buzz Lawrence Gumball Magi-Chine (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL