The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easter eggs in magic DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Can you guys please name all the easter eggs in the magic DVDs that you know of, and how to find them? I have a feeling that there are some easter eggs in my DVD collection which I am still unaware of.

If not for the fact that I was reading the old thread on the "Tommy Wonder DVDs", I would never have known that there was an easter egg hidden in them. And that easter egg in Vol 1 contains a very lengthy & informative interview of Tommy Wonder.

So guys, please contribute if you know of any easter eggs and how to find them. I'm sure it will benefit most of us here. Thanks!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What does this mean?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Easter eggs are hidden "gems" in DVDs. I've heard of some movie DVDs having them, where by if you press certain keys on your dvd player, it'll get you to some hidden video or function on that DVD. I didn't know that magic dvds have them too. I would be interested to find out which dvds have easter eggs as well.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Ok, I'll start with the only easter egg I know. I knew about this by reading the thread on Tommy Wonder.

On Vol 1 (I heard it applies to all 3 volumes, but I only have Vol 1), go to the section on "other DVDs by L & L Publishing", and scroll to the Max Maven's Videomind page. Then navigate upwards to get to the word "Max Maven". Click enter, and you should be able to view the interview segment.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW. How cool. I had no idea about this.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Same here. I never would of thought about easter eggs in magic dvds!
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
992 Posts

Profile of Gianni
What a preposterous idea. Why in the world would anyone put valuable info in a CD - magic or otherwise - and rely on happenstance for the owner to find the info. What in the world is the point of this?

Gianni
MagicMan5150
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMan5150
Gianni has got a valuable point there! I've heard of Easter Eggs in computer programs, but in a dvd? Aren't the feature of every dvd player different? Smile
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
206 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Easter eggs are actually pretty popular in DVDs. Check out this link:

http://www.dvdreview.com/html/hidden_features.shtml

I think they are pretty neat. I'm holding out hope that there are some in the DVDs that I own just waiting for someone to find and share them.

Jake
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
meetup.com/sam170
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
For movie DVDs, I understand the concept of Easter Eggs, because the buyer is presumably buying the disc for the film (and advertised extras), and so the discovery of such extra extras is like a present. However, it seems quite an odd inclusion for a magic DVD, being that its purpose is to provide information to us, to purposely hide some of it away.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I vaguely remember hearing that there's an Easter Egg in Lee Asher's "Hit The Road" DVD. Can anyone verify this?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-12-21 03:04, Jem wrote:
I vaguely remember hearing that there's an Easter Egg in Lee Asher's "Hit The Road" DVD. Can anyone verify this?




There is-Paul Wilson in a Kilt!
Smile Smile Smile
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JasonMythos
View Profile
New user
Hsinchu, Taiwan
86 Posts

Profile of JasonMythos
There is one in David Blaine's Fearless.
http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/dvd.jsp?dvdid=901&ep=d
Smile Smile
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Hey Guys, Here is one site,

http://www.eeggs.com

Best,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
RevDanCatt
View Profile
New user
San Francisco, CA
9 Posts

Profile of RevDanCatt
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 22:33, marko wrote:
However, it seems quite an odd inclusion for a magic DVD, being that its purpose is to provide information to us, to purposely hide some of it away.


I believe these things may be put there for two reasons.

1. It's "extra" stuff that some people would consider slightly off topic from the rest of the DVD. In a "I just want a DVD full of tricks, why have they put this interview here, I didn't pay good money for interviews, I want tricks!". So by saying it's a "hidden extra" you can get away with adding anything else you feel like.

2. It's a way of getting people to put the DVD back in again, after they think they've finished with it, and to look at screens they wouldn't normally consider looking at.

Take the "Tommy Wonder" DVD for example. If you own this you may now want to go and find the Easter Egg, so you'll dig the DVD back out, put it back in and go the the "Other DVD's we want to sell you page" (no less). You may even go, Geee I forgot what a great DVD this was, it's been a while since I bought a DVD, perhaps I'll get one of those Max Maven ones.

I'm sure it won't be long before Easter Eggs are "hidden" at the end of adverts for upcoming releases.

Just a thought.

Rev Dan Catt
no .sig till bedtime.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-12-23 09:23, RevDanCatt wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 22:33, marko wrote:
However, it seems quite an odd inclusion for a magic DVD, being that its purpose is to provide information to us, to purposely hide some of it away.


I believe these things may be put there for two reasons.

1. It's "extra" stuff that some people would consider slightly off topic from the rest of the DVD. In a "I just want a DVD full of tricks, why have they put this interview here, I didn't pay good money for interviews, I want tricks!". So by saying it's a "hidden extra" you can get away with adding anything else you feel like.

2. It's a way of getting people to put the DVD back in again, after they think they've finished with it, and to look at screens they wouldn't normally consider looking at.

Take the "Tommy Wonder" DVD for example. If you own this you may now want to go and find the Easter Egg, so you'll dig the DVD back out, put it back in and go the the "Other DVD's we want to sell you page" (no less). You may even go, Geee I forgot what a great DVD this was, it's been a while since I bought a DVD, perhaps I'll get one of those Max Maven ones.

I'm sure it won't be long before Easter Eggs are "hidden" at the end of adverts for upcoming releases.

Just a thought.

Rev Dan Catt


Brilliant explanation for why this would be done! Smile
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
Also, look at the people making the DVDs. Magic is an industry built on secrets by people that love and enjoy those secrets. Is this really any suprize?
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
MagicMan5150
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMan5150
I'll have to check out the one in Blaine's Fearless.
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
206 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I read over at Genii that there is an Easter Egg in a DVD called "Versatile Card Magic".
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
meetup.com/sam170
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I love bill malons extra quotes in between performances Smile especially his little speech on drugs LOL ! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easter eggs in magic DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL