The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2013 entrée: Paul Romhany » » Country Jumping » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you for appearing on the Café. I was wondering, after reading your posts, why all the country jumping, Australia, New Zealand, and now Canada. Is this strategic moves to new magic markets you which to concur or just personal adventurous moves to experience new cultures. Moving is usually one of the most tragic experiences in life, and moving to a totally new cultures has to be really nerve racking.

Even with established clients, will this affect your ability to deal with clients in Australia and New Zealand. Or is everything handled by your agent and thus where you live has little to do with your serving your clients.

From the Canadians that post on the Café, it looks like you are moving into a very saturated magician market. All of them claim to be constantly working and touring Canada with their shows. It actually sounds like they have more public shows then in the U.S. when it comes to magic shows.

Just curious what makes you want to not just visit, but actually move to new countries. If it is the wife, I understand. Smile Just joking.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
LOL - never lived in Australia. Because of my work and the unique style of my act I've never had problem getting work. I still fly back to NZ and all over the world to perform. It's nothing for me to hop on a plane and fly for a one night gig in Hong Kong or China for example. So it doesn't matter where I live. It appears a lot of Canadian acts are working - from what I understand 90% of them are doing kids shows so that must be a busy market here. I have always started my own market and not bothered what others are doing. I keep my work very close to my chest so very few people know what I'm doing either. It's something I learnt from one of my mentors in NZ.

We plan to stay here in Vancouver as we now have a young boy and our move here was pretty much based around him and what Canada has to offer (also my wife and son are both Canadian).

With my work I could live in Tim Buk Too and work anywhere in the world - that's just the way I've created my business.

I have a manager in NZ who is still booking me work - I give them times when I want to work and they can book me corporate work there so it all works out well.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you very much for your response. I mentioned Australia because you said your 1st agent was in Australia, so I thought you might have located your 1st agent in the country you lived in. Bad assumption on my part, Sorry.

It is nice when they call you, makes the marketing process a little easier for that next gig.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2013 entrée: Paul Romhany » » Country Jumping » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL