The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Devils Hank for Pocket (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vegascardcheat
View Profile
New user
usa
7 Posts

Profile of vegascardcheat
I'm interested in sites that you can suggest for unique devils hank, something almost elegant looking that wouldn't look out of place tucked into the breast pocket of your suit. In other words, one that doesn't look like a magic prop. Suggestions on sites or makers? thanks
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Darn,
I'm looking for one as well only wanted one a little bigger than the one I had originally years ago. The effect was good but just not dramatic enough because the hank was much smaller than a normal one plus the goofy coloring.
Last week while browsing web sites I found something that looked exactly like what I was hoping for and it was reasonable priced.
I forgot to bookmark it and now for the life of me I can't find it.
I do remember the name was diffrent and started with an S.
Sorry I couldn't help more, if I do find it Ill be sure to post here.
Happy Holidays
Nick Zender
Here are a couple sites:
http://wf4.search.com/click?wf,+%2Bhaunt......ltavista
http://wf4.search.com/click?wf,ghostly+s......htm,,aol
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Guys:

I have just the site you're looking for. Go to http://www.hughesmagic.com. Richard makes a beautiful devils hank out of suit-coat lining that is very elegant. I've seen one of his devils hanks and it is beautiful. I can't remember the price, but it seems it was quite reasonable for such a nice hank. According to his site, Jeff McBride and Eugene Burger use his hank.

Ron
vegascardcheat
View Profile
New user
usa
7 Posts

Profile of vegascardcheat
Thanks! I'll check out the Hughes tip. Appreciate it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
There is another discussion of this topic at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115

Check it out.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22249 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is purely a thing of taste. If you can find a quality one. Then which one design or color will you like. Most of the time you have to depend on the order filler to pick out for you.

How does he know your tastes. I recently considered the new growing tie, Hank Lee said, "Trust Me, I will pick out a nice tie for your suit". Neadless to say I have not brougt myself to order it yet.

Mak Magic use to make a nice Devil's Hank, but there quality has gone down the hill. You can go to a Taylor shop and order the silk lining and have them make you one. It may cost but, silk is hard to sew.

Bill Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
cat26
View Profile
New user
Manitoba, Canada
99 Posts

Profile of cat26
Why not go to a seamstress and have them make you one. It's not difficult. This way you get your choice of materials and can size it to your needs. You may want to colour coordinate to your clothing, silks, etc. Cheers..... Smile
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Vegascardcheat, check out the Devil's Napkin at Daytona Magic. They are really elegant looking and reasonably priced.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I make a very good one that Eugene Berger as recomended to many people. it looks like a quality breast pocket hanky not an old paisley couch cover.

Contact me or look at the website for the demo.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
345 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Lynetta Welch makes an extremely high quality, elegant prop

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/Mercha......y_Code=C
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
If you have access to the Eric Lewis trilogy, somewhere in there is his design. It's not a terribly difficult task to make a good looking hank.

~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Devils Hank for Pocket (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL